All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fish Oil
      #337266 - 10/24/08 08:52 AM
Will1876

Reged: 10/24/08

Hello - I'm new here, so bare with me. I am taking 2400MG Fish Oil Caplets - 2 per day - Is the oil an Irritant?? I gleaned from My new IBS book that fats/oils are not a good thing for this condition....anyone out there have an answer???
THANKS!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fish Oil new
      #337277 - 10/24/08 11:03 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Are you D or C? My doctor told me that fish oil can be beneficial to C. Intuition tells me it would maybe not be helpful for D.

Generally speaking, diet wise, oils are bad primarily because they contribute so much fat, which is a gastrocolic reflex trigger and thus causes problems for D and C. I don't think fish oil capsules will hurt you, at least not two a day.

On the other hand, I've read studies that say that fish oil capsules are actually pretty useless. What condition are you taking them for?

--------------------
IBS-C

#337474 - 10/28/08 08:42 AM
Will1876

Reged: 10/24/08

Actually My wife is MAKING me take them - they have omega 3 and are good for the heart/arteries...Just a preventative measure...Also - How do I know If I'm a C or D??? Hey Thanks for the Response - I seem to have seen Buffalo on your post - I was Born & raised there....

#337492 - 10/28/08 01:38 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Really? I was born and raised here as well! I'm leaving in the next few months though - we're moving for my husband's job. Where do you live now?

You're a C if you predominantly experience constipation, a D if you experience more diarrhea. Some people alternate between the two.

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1671 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 993

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review