All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
WISDOM TEETH REMOVAL
      #337194 - 10/21/08 08:50 PM
b232

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: Seguin, Texas USA

I WILL SOON BE HAVING FOUR WISDOM TEETH REMOVED AND I WAS TOLD THAT I WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO EAT(SWALLOW REALLY) SOFT LIQUID FOODS OR JUST PLAIN LIQUIDS. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS OF WHAT TO STORE FOR THIS PROCEDURE? ANY INFORMATION WILL BE HELPFUL.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: WISDOM TEETH REMOVAL new
      #337199 - 10/22/08 06:49 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Are you having all four done at once?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#337204 - 10/22/08 09:04 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Smoothies, soy yogurt, chicken noodle soup, apple sauce, safe mashed potatoes, oatmeal...that should get you started.

#337223 - 10/22/08 03:46 PM
b232

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: Seguin, Texas USA

YES!! IT WAS SUGGESTED TO GET IT OVER WITH!! SO IM PLANNING AHEAD OF TIME TO PREPARE.

#337234 - 10/23/08 07:28 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Well good luck.Eat soft foods and lots of soup.You probly won't want to eat much for a day or two so ....hope it all goes well.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#337258 - 10/24/08 05:24 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I would be cautious of eating noodles, oatmeal, etc. right away. I know from personal experience that when I eat too fast (i.e.: don't chew my food well enough) I wind up with tremendous gas and bloating and discomfort, because my guts can't do the work that my mouth didn't.

In terms of the surgery, it's a piece of cake. You'll be a little groggy afterward (if they give you the gas) and your mouth will be filled with bloody gauze for awhile which is gross, but bearable. You'll be sore for a few days - you really won't be able to chew much, and your face my be sore and/or bruise. After a few days you'll be able to eat again.

Careful with any pain meds they give you - most cause pretty bad constipation.

I think I ate a lot of applesauce, yogurt (this was back in the day when I could eat anything), carnation instant breakfast, hot chicken broth. Honestly, I really wasn't in the mood to eat much for a few days. If you can drink soymilk, get some of that so at least you can get some calories and some protein in ya!

Good luck with the procedure!

--------------------
IBS-C

#337309 - 10/24/08 05:34 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I am the oral surgery queen! LOL!
But, I had all four of mine done at once - many years ago. Remember you can't use a straw and also remember you don't want to eat foods that will get caught in either stitches or open oral cavities, if they don't use stitches. Mine were horizontally impacted so I had a mouthful of stitches.
The surgeon will tell you all this, but having recently gone through more oral surgery, it's fresh in my memory. Also, they told me to rinse with warm salt water, but not to swish and spit at first, just to more or less put it in my mouth and lean over and let it drain out. Nothing vigorously.
The objective is for that open cavity to form a blood clot and heal inside out - if you stop that you develop dry sockets - no fun. So, just think - yogurt, if you can tolerate it, smoothies w/o a straw, Danactive, mashed potatoes - things that might be soft, but do not have even small particles in them - at first.
You'll do fine, it's just a pain in the butt at first!
Seriously, I've had multiple surgeries and all I've ever had to take was Tylenol and a few times an antibiotic.
Blessings - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 946 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2598

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review