Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I could use a friend today
      #337059 - 10/16/08 09:33 AM
CarolynC

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Connecticut

Ever feel alone with your IBS?

That's how I am feeling today. I've been having an uncomfortable flare up this week and am feeling real down about it. I do not have a single friend here to talk to about my IBS (anyone who can understand anyway) and I'm so tired of feeling rotten most of the time.
My husband wants to take me on a trip to Charleston, SC in a couple weeks and it is hard for me to want to go. Especially when my gut feels bad to begin with. Whenever I travel it is very hard for me to have a BM (sorry for the bluntness), so I end up feeling really bloated and uncomfortable. Not to mention that I end up looking pregnant!!
I always bring Acacia with me and am faithful to it, but for some reason my body just "stops". No matter what I do.
I am feeling so depressed with the thought of going. Which is carzy because I SHOULD be looking forward to a nice getaway.
Sometimes it seems like I'll be this way forever. No matter what I do to try and help my IBS. Fasting helps a little during a flare, but I know that it can't be a healthy solution.

So sorry about the "Me" note, I just needed to vent to someone.... somehow, somewhere......
I'm sending a ((hug)) to anyone else who is not feeling so great today. I hope we all feel better soon.

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and cramps
occasional type A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I could use a friend today new
      #337060 - 10/16/08 10:50 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Yes I know how you feel. You are not alone and we all have days like this. This site is great for those of us who don't have people to talk to about and let's face it even if someone talks to us unless they have IBS they don't really understand. For the bloating have you tried fennel tea? I really find that it helps. Also Miralax is good for those of us that are C. My doc precribed it for me, but I am thining it might be over the counter now. I had an episode a few weeks ago where everything shut down for a week! It was miserable. But now things are better. As for the vacation try to make time to use the bathroom and bring some tea bags. I find the warmth sometimes stimulates me to go! *HUGS*

#337061 - 10/16/08 12:06 PM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

You are not alone. I am having a bad day myself. I've been C lately and I think it may be worse than D. I'm pretty bloated myself and just want it to get better.

I'm sure we'll both get better soon. Fennel tea is a great suggestion. I haven't had any yet today, but I'm about to try it to get the bloating down. Just hang in there. It'll end soon.

#337062 - 10/16/08 12:50 PM
Evie H

Reged: 10/14/08
Loc: Northern California

I can so understand how you're feeling and travelling is so tricky. It's hard for everyone in my life to understand, but I just keep telling them what I need and they love me enough to want to help. Now my husband is keeping as close of an eye on my diet and I do! Gotta love that man! I have attacks about once a month and I find that when I stop fighting it and just slow down and take really good care of myself and STOP EATING (which makes me so sad) they don't last as long. Take good care!!!

--------------------
IBS C

#337063 - 10/16/08 12:51 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

AWW sweetie. You got a friend here . I Think most of us here understand completely. This board has been a LIFESAVER for me. There are such great people and we all can relate in some way or another. Since starting the Diet and Using Align I am so much better. However, I am a bit agoraphobic about travel. I worry for weeks and I cant plan anything. I cant work and hold a job and just going to a DR is a Panic attack in the making. Im Very C today and now realize I haven't gone since Monday. Thats probably why I have been nauseated for 2 days. Keep your chin up we all have those days and sometimes it seems like we are never going to get over this. I keep hoping for the miracle drug to help with my anxiety since that flares up the IBS. I have had these issues since a young age but never quite knew how to cope or fix the issues. THANK YOU HEATHER AND THIS BOARD AS I AM ALMOST 100% Better Most of my problems happened when I had to go somewhere and if I ate certain things. I have spent many days also extremely depressed thinking I will never be normal. I think we all have to do complete life changes to make Life work in our favor. With Diet, proper meds and good support we can all get through this and if we have to live with it our whole lives we can definatly make it more livable with all the right ingredients

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

#337067 - 10/16/08 01:18 PM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Carolyn,

I think we have all had days like you are having....way too many of them. I completely relate to having no one to talk to. I feel very blessed to have a supportive, kind husband who sees what I go through on bad days. People just don't understand the emotional toll this takes.

Travelling is rough on a person with a normal digestion, so it's even more difficult for us IBSers. I recently was speaking to a lady in the grocery store in the "tea" section and she said whenever she travels she takes with her the Yogi brand "Get regular" tea. Maybe you could get some of this, try it to see how you react and take this along.

When you start thinking you may feel this way forever, try to remember the good days you have had. Those thoughts always give me hope that "tomorrow I will feel better".

Believe me Carolyn, I am not advocating drugs, but have you ever tried a low dose of an antidepressant? A year ago I would have sworn I would never go that route. I just recently started a low dose of Zoloft and it seems to be helping me emotionally. I have also done the hypno tapes and am going to do them a second time around.

I agree with Avonlady how we have to do complete life changes to make our lives work for us. It's not just one thing, but a combination of things to learn how to manage it. I think we have to accept there will always be rough times, but it is still possible to have a fulfilling life.

Take care Carolyn and don't ever be sorry about the "Me" note.

Sincerely,
Sharon

#337091 - 10/17/08 12:37 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

hi! First and foremost hug right back. Remember it's ok to vent here, we are all in this together. I am so sorry you are having a rough time.Before my Ibs switched to alternating a couple years ago I was chronic gas and C I sympathize completely with the pain and nothing seeming to work. my cure was hot baths hot tea, good books and patience. I do everything I can to relax when I'm like that, because all you can really change is your atitude and some power over your life is better than nothing. take care of you, and remember you are not alone.

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

#337099 - 10/17/08 05:40 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

{{Hugs}} - Like the song says "You've got a friend..." I bet there's not one person on this board who hasn't felt what you are today. I certainly know I have more days than I care to think about. But, I try to tell myself you've been here before and made it through, and you will this time. Like you, traveling freaks me out - even going to my daughter's 2 hours away. I think it's because I don't think anyone will understand - same way at work/school.But, as a counselor once told me - "I hate to tell you this, but you are 100% normal!"
I was desperate the other day when after 4 days of diarrhea, I had 3 days of constipation - amazing, isn't it??? So, here I have this huge dialogue going on in my mind - what am I going to do? could there be a blockage? - I'm starting to panic!!! So, out of desperation I did drink some tea with lemon and molasses and I went!!! Unbelievable!
Hope you rest good tonight and "go potty" - with a good day tomorrow. Blessings! - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3161 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2492

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review