All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
HELP!
      #336934 - 10/12/08 04:21 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I've been up most of the night and feel horribly sick and scared. I'm waiting for daylight to call people to pray for me...
I think this is what caused it, but need advice, please. I was doing good and thought I could "do anything, eat anything" - STUPID!
So, yesterday I ate smoked chicken salad from Sonny's BBQ and have been sick ever since - even though I did eat it on Italian Bread. All night I've had stomach cramps, urgent diarrhea, hot/sweaty then cold/chills, joint aches, my upper stomach/colon area is so swollen it hurts under my breasts in my chest area, my head/sinuses hurt and are stuffy, some burping, shaky, tongue cracked, mouth sore, weak... is that enough???
Is this IBS or food intolerance or just plain stupidity?
I've prayed all night, but I'm just tired, weepy and scared and need someone to tell me they've been there. This is typically all the symptoms I have when I eat something wrong, not just the usual IBS symptoms. Could it be the fat in the chicken salad??
Thanks much!!!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Edited by GaGa (10/12/08 04:23 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP! new
      #336935 - 10/12/08 05:18 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Gaga, I'm so sorry you're feeling so poorly. I think we've all been there, unfortunately

I'm wondering though, it almost sounds like food poisoning - more severe than a typical IBS attack. Did anyone with you eat the same thing?

If you typically have all of these symptoms, I'm almost wondering if it's more than a food sensitivity - maybe an allergy? Have you been tested? The sinus problems and tongue symptoms are more typical of an allergic reaction, I think.

--------------------
IBS-C

#336940 - 10/12/08 08:00 AM
GaGa

Thanks so much, Fen!
Yes, I've been tested for food allergies, they are usually different every time! I guess it's whatever is going on in our bodies at that particular time, but, in general, peanuts, wheat, corn, shellfish, dairy, eggs - some milder than others. Peanuts I avoid completely. I also discovered that I am allergic to some preservatives and nitrates and certain additives like MSG. So, I think you are right - it starts out like IBS, but the reaction is from head to toe. I read in my huge library of medical and altenative medicine books that there is something called the "Coca Pulse Test" - meaning if you ingest a food and your heart rate goes up w/i 15 minutes, you are allergic to that food. It's beginning to ease some now, but my BP was high and so was my heart rate and it's just scarey when it happens. No more Sonny's BBQ chicken salad for this chick! I should have known better because of the fat content plus it being smoked chicken....
I told my DH this AM that it's so odd that we grew up eating anything and everything with no problems- and while I'm not discounting the "getting older issue" , I think it was the fact it was all locally grown - no preservatives, no highly processed food... But, such is our life now.
Thanks again for reaching out to me! {{Hugs}} Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#336942 - 10/12/08 08:06 AM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

It sounds like a flu or food poisoning. I hope you feel well soon. Lynn

#336944 - 10/12/08 08:40 AM
GaGa

Thanks, Lynn -
I hope so! This happens periodically, so I'm thinking go back to square one elimination diet and quit thinking I'm "superwoman" and can eat normal food! ;-)
But, you're right, it could be food poisoning - I'm the only one who ate it....
Again, thank you for your kind heart! ((Hugs)) Dorothy

--------------------

#336945 - 10/12/08 09:14 AM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

I'm sorry that you had such an awful night, but by the time you read this, I hope you are doing much better. I have been there GaGa (I think we all have)........where I was going along feeling pretty good and then ate something I knew I shouldn't. I can vividly remember two awful, awful nights and realizing the next day what I had consumed the night before had been the cause.

And yes, I do believe that as we get older our digestive abilities do change.....when I was younger, I could never understand why older people liked eating their "supper" so early (like 4:00 - 5:00 in the afternoon). Now I understand.

Take care GaGa and I really hope you have a good rest of the day.

Sincerely,
Sharon

#336947 - 10/12/08 12:27 PM
Meoc

Reged: 08/25/08
Loc: Rhode Island

Hello,
I hope you are feeling better. I am going to agree with the other posters who think it is food poisoning. Take it easy, it just needs to get out of your system, YOU WILL feel better. I will say a prayer for you. Let us know if you are feeling better.
-Maria

#336948 - 10/12/08 12:36 PM
GaGa

Sharond -
Thank you so much, you have blessed my day. Just trying to prayerfully decide whether to go see another allergist. It's such a guessing game.
Blessings!- Dorothy

--------------------

#336949 - 10/12/08 12:40 PM
GaGa

Maria -
You know, adversisty/sickness of any kind, brings out our inner selves and I am soooo blessed there people like you, Lynn, Fen and Sharond who have beautiful inner-selves and have just made my day! Thank you! I pray God blesses you as you have all blesssed me.
And, yes, I'm believing tonight or tomorrow - as my granddaugher says - "you be all better, GaGa"!
Blessings - Dorothy

--------------------

Edited by GaGa (10/12/08 12:41 PM)

Re: For GaGA HELP! new
      #336950 - 10/12/08 01:48 PM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Oh Dorothy....I know exactly what you mean about seeing yet another doctor/allergist or whatever. I'm trying to accept that some days are going to be good and some days not so good no matter what measures I take. Two things I really, really hate about IBS is the emotional toll it takes at times and the uncertainty when making plans. It is such an unpredictable condition.

I hope you're feeling better and I will keep you in my prayers tonight.

Sharon

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4110 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2914

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review