All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
so frustrated :'( any suggestions?
      #336785 - 10/07/08 08:57 AM

Unregistered

I've been working 5-11pm at mcdonalds because i don't leave the house all day until work because of all my bathroom problems. Well besides work the only time I leave is to go to the bank and wal-mart, thats always on my days off work.

My boyfriend wants to work at a job that pays $14 an hour and he wants me to work with him. It is a 9am-5pm job.

Mornings are worst and sometimes i feel like even working at 5pm is bad because I end up in the toilet all day and still don't feel empty. Last night I started having bad gass,no one noticed because it was quiet and I happened to not be standing next to someone..I knew a piece of crap was stuck in me trying to come out all day. I had to get to bed by 1am or I wouldn't get enough sleep. I kept gassing up and farting, it never came out until today!

I really want to work there..but becaue of ibs I have to work a low paying job and have wanted to work 3-12pm,like before I had ibs! My checks were more satisfactory..I'm always in the negative on my bank account.. I really want to save money and move out so I can get the F away from my sister,mom, and dad. Uhh, there's so much drama and problems here and everyone trys to but into my buines! I tend to just ignore it and not talk to anyone unless I need to or they talk first. I tend to just do my own thing and drink fennel tea all day,take peprmint capsules,regimint,acacia,papaya enzyme..I spend my day straining and um self removing stools. How can a person go all day and not be empty?!

I also want to work out,but my bathroom issues act up in the morning and I have to drink tea,take supplements and pee and have ibs problems all day...

BTW,my boyfriend doesn't even know I have ibs becaue our work schedules are a little diffrent and he only comes over after 7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and spends about an hour or 2 here..,I've been able to hide ibs,but alot of times felt like I wasn't gonna be able to because of how I was feeling and such..No one I work with knows either.I've been able to not tell anyone because I don't have friends besides my boyfriend and only see ppl I like from work at work and always don't hang out with anyone..

Someone please help me and make suggestions. Is there anyway I can work that job? I haven't been able to hardly do anything with my life..I want to force myself but at the same time can't be on the toilet or having these problems!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: so frustrated :'( any suggestions? new
      #336792 - 10/07/08 10:36 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I don't know that I'll be much help, but to get the ball rolling, why do you feel you can't tell anyone about your IBS?

It sounds like your life is pretty stressful. I wonder if being able to get out on your own would ease the stress and help the IBS somewhat? Just something to think about.

What are some other things about the job opportunity that appeal to you besides the money? Would it be better experience? Better work conditions? What would the commute be like? Do you know anyone who works there who could tell you what the place is like? You don't have to answer these questions on the board if you don't want to, but they're some things to think about.

When my IBS was at its worst, even with a short commute, getting to the office wasn't always the easiest. To help some, I got up a little earlier, made sure I had everything ready for the next day before I went to bed as much as I could, and I did not eat breakfast until I got to work. Fiber in the morning was essential to me being able to make it out the door, and even then sometimes I still needed some Pepto Bismal on top of that. In short, I do understand mornings being rough.

Hang in there!!

#336794 - 10/07/08 11:11 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hi honey, I'm sorry you are suffering so much. Are you on the toilet all day with "D", or is it more "C", the feeling of incomplete evacuation, stool in there that won't come out. What is the consistency like - hard or soft? Do you have urgency to go or just the feeling that you're not empty?

If you are more "C", you might want to try a magnesium supplement like Natural Calm. It definitely helps to empty you out more thoroughly. It gave me cramps so I stopped using it, but others have found it really helpful.

It seems like you are trying to deal with this all alone. The stress of it really does make it worse, and it sounds like you need more of a support system in place - a counsellor, a gastroenterelogist, or even your family doctor. IBS is a real illness and you need real care and support.

As for your diet, I assume you aren't eating that McDonalds you are serving up Are you following a safe diet or just taking Heather's supplements?

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#336798 - 10/07/08 01:24 PM

Unregistered

well c..the consistency is normal to soft sometimes a little watery,sometimes too soft,featherlike. Thats when I get alot of spasms or eat too much IF..I get good sized ones,medium sized pepples..sometimes almost pencil thin

. I know What I've went so far today what was left over from before work yesterdasy came out in the morning..also, I ate at 3 or 4 pm yesterday- canned mushrooms sauteed,jennio hamburger with some sauteed onions..I saw a couple whole mushrooms come out.

I get both urgency to go and Incomplet evacuation/feeling like I'm not empty,sometimes some cramping,I often pass gss before I need to go to the bathroom.

I've always beeen most comfortable coming to the message boards and taking care of this all day at my house until work..I don't need a doctor or counselor.Doctors didn't help and I know way more than they did from this website,products, and books. Anyway I don't have money to se a doctor. I don't drive and it would be too much trouble trying to schedule counseling appointments with my work schedule,ibs, and boyfriend visits. Also, my mom's boyfriend is like a really nice dad or grandpa to me when I need to talk to him. He knows about it.

My parents and sister- they're just annoyed of it and tell me stupid stuff. I just do my own thing and ignore them..Plus they have enough drama,problems and fighting that goes on with each other and other ppl..I just ask them for rides to wal-mart and work. I'm just happy to live in this house with my own room,well kind off..I would love to get the heck away from the ppl I live withl...Ibs really holds me back from work.But at least I don't have to pay for gas,car insurance,electricity,ect. I'd never make it on my own.

I already own natural calm. I often forget about it since I'm so busy with fennel tea,peppermint capsules,papaya enzyme,regimint all day before work to remember..I am also hesitant to take it because of the consistency of my stools and don't want anything to go wrong,even the lowest dose may unbalance stuff..

Mdonalds,yes I tend to get careless.I have a weakness for eating, I emotional eat. Also I feel since I am able to go to the bathroom all day and as much as I go and I jude by the consistency of my stools from before work and such how much I can have..I do things like Eat more cheese with the bread and meat to harden it up some. It works. I eat alot of cheese to well,not constipate me, cuz it never does..to counteract the buns of the sandwitches and such..and when I know I ate a little too much If, I drink mellow yellow and my poo with become firmer or just make it and it floats.. I know this is wrong..I've tried to stop so many times..I guess I believe even if I quit eating here I won't always have time to cook or I'll still get hungry because I work hard..and need to eat. I think I'll still have ibs and problems anyway because It seems even when I eat right, I am not able to take much If..I consume both tons of Sf besides a sandwich or 2 I will eat at work..and think it will balance out..I' ve decided today to do the best I can to control it and see where it gets me..

As for your diet, I assume you aren't eating that McDonalds you are serving up Are you following a safe diet or just taking Heather's supplements

#336805 - 10/07/08 03:37 PM
Numu2

Reged: 10/07/08

Have you ever considered or Tried the Hypnosis for IBS, it sounds like you lead a very stressful life. The hypnosis could help with this and lessen your symptoms.

#336809 - 10/07/08 04:51 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hi again, with respect to what I am about to say, I am not trying to come down on you, only to help. We are each on our our own journey to figure out what works for us, how to best care for ourselves, and for some of us that journey can take YEARS. But it sounds to me like you are pretty young, which can make it hard to accept that IBS is going to require that you make some major lifestyle changes if you hope to lead a normal life. I know it can be hard to give up certain foods, and fear not - we ALL emotionally eat at one time or another - but it sounds like WHAT you're eating might need to really change before you start to feel better. Taking digestive enzymes, pepperment, fennel tea etc are great, but at the same time you are eating high-fat, fast foods and red meat - it's like trying to put out a fire with one hand, and holding a jug of kerosene in the other hand. I would be on the toilet all day too if I ate some of the foods you mention - my gut would be so irritated. I hope you stay on this site because it has lots of good information about comforting, nourishing, healing, easy-on-your-tummy foods.

Yes, it takes a lot of effort. You can't just pick up something at the 7-11 with your friends. You have to pack snacks and read labels and plan meals. I haven't read all your posts, so I don't know what your history is and I really am not trying to sound condescending. It's just that when I was younger I use to eat more recklessly and just be a mess the next day. Spending all day on the can - it's just not worth it.

Also, some type of stress-reduction activity - yoga, meditation (which I'm doing and LOVE), hypnosis, even just lying in the dark for half an hour every day with a heating pad on your tummy - would probably help. It seems like you have a lot of stress in your life. Stress makes you sick - period. It can also makes you more prone to "emotional" eating, as you turn to food in order to comfort yourelf and calm you down.

Anyway, I hope at least something in here might be useful for you.

Be well

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#336811 - 10/07/08 05:59 PM

Unregistered

I will be 21 on the 21st of this month. I've only had ibs for a few years. A manager from work called me today and needed someone to work for her badly because her father has been in poor health and doesn't have much time to live. I told her I couldn't work for..I felt terrible and I was still having bathroom issues..I do own the ibs tapes. I guess I haven't did them because I want to be able to have quite time and don't want to have to lye down for the sessions,that is what it says to do right? I would be busy while listening to the sessions during the day..drinking tea,running to the bathroom.. My mom and sister get up really early and me, being a terribly light sleeper goes to bed soon after I get home from work,like an hour,cuz ibs keeps it so I can't settle down for a while..

#336812 - 10/07/08 06:08 PM

Unregistered

I've just kept it a secret so long. I come to this website when I need help. I talk to my mom's bf whom is like a really nice grandpa or dad to me. I'd love to get out and be on my own..the problem is I am not able to work much.

The things about that job that appeal to me are: getting to see my boyfriend,getting off work at 5pm, a change of job would be nice. A guy that used to be a manager at mcdonalds work there. From what I hear,its better than where I work because of the pay and just being able to do your job and keep to yourself without a bunch of drama and people not showing up to work and making everyone else working twice as hard.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4224 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3326

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review