All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
HELP WHAT IS THIS? IS THIS IBS RELATED?
      #336448 - 09/23/08 09:13 PM

Unregistered

i've been having a pain for a few days that is on my right side by my right breast and under my ribs. It seems to have nothing to do with my ribs or breast. its not horrible but very noticeable. It can hurt when I breath and move. It can be quit noticeable when I lay down. is it an air bubble or a spasm trapped with gas that won't go away? It seems all I do is poop all day and when I need to go to work I still have poop stuck in me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

also new
      #336449 - 09/23/08 09:31 PM

Unregistered

it seems to go go to my ribs that are like behind my back and go in the shoulderblade and shoulder..its hard to explain,Its an annoying feeling. tight with like a bunch of air.idk

Re: HELP WHAT IS THIS? IS THIS IBS RELATED? new
      #336452 - 09/24/08 05:21 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Have your gallbladder checked.That is where it is and your liver.Head to the docs as soon as you can.Don't leave it too long.It could be nothing but then again why take the chance?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: also new
      #336453 - 09/24/08 05:29 AM
dragonfly

Gall bladder.had the same thing pain would last for like 4 hours go away and the next time I ate it would come back.

--------------------

It is a common IBS related pain -nt- new
      #336459 - 09/24/08 07:08 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

ya pain is worse today making an appointment new
      #336463 - 09/24/08 08:14 AM

Unregistered

what if its gallbladder? i heard gallbladders getting taken out is usually unnecessary. i read it on the internet somewhere..anyway I heard something about acid dripping and making ibs worse.

what did they have to do? new
      #336464 - 09/24/08 08:15 AM

Unregistered

it also new
      #336465 - 09/24/08 08:18 AM

Unregistered

ok its kinda like a throbbing pain, idk but it seemed like when I moved around while i was laying down, to stretch and if i wasn't really careful how I moved it got worse. sometimes I heard some hungry noises up there, like fluid,also like something rumbled around, like when fluids are moving..

Re: it also new
      #336468 - 09/24/08 10:44 AM
dragonfly

This is what happened to me..Over the course of several months I would have a sore stomach and a feeling of blah.Then once a month or so I would get a pain in my back then my left side of chest.The pain seems to be in the center of my chest also.I was told at first it was hiatal hernia and acid reflux.I was given some meds and sent for an ultrasound to rule out gallbladder.I was also referred to a stomach surgeon.While waiting for these appointments things got much worse and the pain in my chest made me feel like I was having a heart attack.I thought it was trapped gas.After a few days of pretty serious pain I called my doctors office and she told me to go to the hospital.She said it was not normal.That began a week of hospital trips every few hours.
I was given morphine for the pain and it did go away.The next day they did the ultrasound and I was loaded with gallstones.
During the next few days I was sent home with numerous prescriptions and every time I would swallow any thing,the pain would return.Eventually I had a doctor who took me seriously and realized I had a stone stuck and admitted me.After two full days and nights on Dilaudid(a narcotic used for terminally ill cancer patients)The surgeon came to see me and realized I was in serious trouble.I had an infection and a large stone stuck.
the thing is,they didn't listen to me because the pain wasn't where they thought it should be.Once the pain meds kicked in then I could feel the throbbing and pain in my left side.
It was a horrible experience and if I had gone in when I first felt these pains,I wouldn't have had to go through hell.I went through serious with drawls because i was on a few different narcotics and my body had too much.
It might be nothing,Ibs has many pains that really have no explanation but if an ultrasound can rule out gallbladder than you won't have to worry.
Hope that helps.i hope you feel better soon.

--------------------

x ray new
      #336471 - 09/24/08 10:50 AM

Unregistered

I was told I would have an x ray done today..does that do anything?

Re: x ray new
      #336478 - 09/24/08 01:35 PM
dragonfly

An xray of what?I had them too but I don't think they show your gallbladder.I had them for my chest too and bowels to see if I had a twisted bowel.I was fine.That was after my gallbladder surgery .I was still having a lot of pain.I also had a ct scan.Everything came back normal.

I think you have to have an ultrasound to detect stones in the gallbladder.Bloodwork will also show an elevation of something in your blood.Not sure exactly.

--------------------

back from the doctor new
      #336482 - 09/24/08 02:56 PM

Unregistered

they did a blood test which was normal. I was told I pulled a muscle in my chest wall and it can spasm..they said give it a month.off to work,uhh.bye.

Re: back from the doctor new
      #336484 - 09/24/08 04:24 PM
dragonfly

well thats way better than gallbladder.hope you feel better soon.

--------------------

it may have happend because of ibs though new
      #336543 - 09/26/08 09:23 AM

Unregistered

I wonder if it could have been from straining on the toilet everyday and having to bend over and use my finger to help me go to the bathroom and push while doing it or just um digging in there..

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3082 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4953

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review