All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight Gain from Diet
      #335987 - 09/13/08 04:59 AM
Catherineanne1

Reged: 07/21/08

I have IBS-C and I've been using Heather's book for about a month now. While I'm beginning to feel less bloated and constipated, I'm starting to gain weight. I am not happy about this at all. I'm sure it's all the white bread and white rice that is causing this. Please advise.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight Gain from Diet new
      #335988 - 09/13/08 05:34 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Hmm most people lose weight I think.What else are you eating or drinkin?Are you under weight to begin with or like the rest of us and don't need and more poundage?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: Weight Gain from Diet new
      #335991 - 09/13/08 06:05 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Catherineanne, I had this experience as well, and I know at least one other person on the board did as well (Zara, maybe?) We're both C'ers as well. I was at a normal weight to begin with, not underweight.

In my case, I firmly believe it's because I'm wheat/gluten intolerant, and I was eating more wheat that I had been in the past. I'm working with a nutritionist who helped me identify this. I've since cut gluten out of my diet and I feel a TON better. My bloating is considerably better and my energy levels are gradually starting to return to the point where I can function without 12 hours of sleep a day!!

I'm not saying food allergies are necessarily your problem, but if nothing else has changed (no new medications, no change in level of exercise, you're not in menopause, etc.) maybe it would be worth looking into.

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2990 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1079

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review