All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anything You Can Drink
      #335947 - 09/11/08 05:10 PM
steely

Reged: 08/31/08
Loc: NC Mountains

Is there anything that any of you drink besides water and peppermint tea?I am not a tea drinker by choice.I have been trying it but I am sick to death of water for every meal.I think I'm getting dehydrated.Any help out there?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anything You Can Drink new
      #335960 - 09/12/08 03:53 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I really only drink water, tea, or occasionally hot almond milk. On a good day, I can get away with seltzer water if I shake some of the bubbles out first. I buy the ones that are naturally flavored, not the ones that have Splenda in them. Sometimes in the winter I drink hot chicken broth as well - I like the Pacific broth - there is no msg or anything weird in it, and it comes in individual 1-cup servings.

I wonder if a Gatorade-type drink would be safe? I can't bring myself to drink it since I had to drink a gallon of it for my colonoscopy, but I wonder if it would be beneficial for a Der? I'm not familiar with the ingredients, but watch out for artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup.

--------------------
IBS-C

#335964 - 09/12/08 05:25 AM
steely

I was wondering maybe something like Kool-Aid once in a while.I don't seem to have sugar issues.It wouldn't be an every day occurance.Just something to break the monotony.I guess I'm the one to try.Thanks,Fen.

#335972 - 09/12/08 10:36 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I would think it might be ok as long as it is the real-sugar kind, not the artificially sweetened kind. Some people are sensitive to citric acid, but ultimately it's just something you need to try for yourself.

--------------------
IBS-C

#335985 - 09/12/08 07:30 PM
em76

Reged: 05/10/08
Loc: Massachusetts

I drink cranberry joice (all natural) but watered down a bit. I have kool-aid once in a while (I get the ones that you have to add sugar seperatley and use less sugar). I have had good luck with fruit punches from HFS that use cane sugar as a sweetener.

--------------------
Started EFI 6/13/2008: IBS-D

#336006 - 09/13/08 12:33 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I do just fine with regular Kool-Aid. I drink lots and lots of water, but I need to break the monotony sometimes, too.

#336014 - 09/13/08 05:51 PM
steely

The Kool-Aid thing seems to be alright.No major issues,yet.I do make the regular kind with white sugar.Glad to know it's not just me that needs a break from water,Snorkie.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1971

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review