All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can This Work
      #335550 - 09/02/08 07:57 PM
steely

Reged: 08/31/08
Loc: NC Mountains

I really need advice.I've had IBS for years,same story as most.Diagnosed,not taken seriously and fighting it for about 15 years now.I just found ths website and ordered,IBS The First Year.

I've been trying to follow the diet as closely as possible without receiving the book yet.Eating SF most of the time.It's been a week and it's not helping too much yet.I do take fiber supplement and have for 15 years.

I guess what I'm looking for is some positive feedback that this can work.I'm desperate.It just keeps getting worse.To the point that I rarely leave the house anymore.This is no way to try to live.Please help me try to cope.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can This Work new
      #335555 - 09/03/08 02:25 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Hi and welcome !

It's hard to tell you what exactly might work for you unless you give us some more info. Are you constipation or diarrhea predominant? Abdominal pain, bloating? People with constipation (C) usually need more IF than people with D.
Also, what type of fiber supplement are you taking? Some might actually make IBS worse.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#335558 - 09/03/08 05:48 AM
steely

Reged: 08/31/08
Loc: NC Mountains

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome!I am IBS-A.I have constipation,diarrhea,ab pain ,bloating and gas.Thats a lovely line of symptoms,huh?I've always taken Metamucil and never had a problem with it.I don't think.

It's just started to get so bad I don't know what to do.I'm not insured but probably wouldn't go to the doctor because they've never been able to help since I was diagnosed.Put me on Levsin,didn't go for two weeks.I've been on various antidepressants to try to cope.the pain is still there I just feel dead in every other aspect of my life.

So,there you have the story.I lost my last job due to this and now I'm pretty much housebound and I want my life back.

#335572 - 09/03/08 09:03 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

You might want to read what Heather has to say about Metamucil here . Maybe you do in fact have a problem with it - it is irritating and gas-causing for many people. There are lots of other fiber supplements to try.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#335593 - 09/03/08 01:16 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Yeah, it really seems like you got the "best" symptoms out there!
I was also on Levsin and it actually made my C worse without really helping with the pain.
Metamucil can be pretty harsh on IBSers, especially the ones of us already prone to bloating. Have you ever tried Acacia or Citrucel?

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1821 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2032

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review