All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: CarolynC new
      #354947 - 01/27/10 10:07 PM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

That's very encouraging to hear, Shawneric, that you're 85% better. I actually already am right in the middle of the hypnotherapy 100 days. I have to do it at night before I go to sleep, though, and I fall asleep almost right away almost every time... but I read that that doesn't matter.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: a question for those who bloat... new
      #354953 - 01/27/10 11:28 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Quote:

Part of the problem in IBS are the gut nerves are hypersensitive to all stimulous. Its called viceral hypersensitivty.

Expert Commentary – Bloating, Distension, and the Irritable Bowel Syndrome

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1681432/?tool=pmcentrez

My own bloating nd distension, which was a big problem most of the 40 years I have had severe IBS, virtually went away with Mike's gut specific hypnotherapy program.

Hypnotherapy has shown to reduce all symptoms of IBS in the majority of people who try it.

This is from a major IBS research center clinil researcher.

Why Consider Hypnosis Treatment for IBS?
by Olafur S. Palsson, Psy.D.

Hypnosis is only one of several approaches to treating irritable bowel syndrome and may not be the most suitable option for all patients (click here for discussion of treatment options for IBS). However, hypnosis treatment has some advantages which makes it an attractive option for many IBS sufferers with chronic and severe symptoms:

- It is one of the most successful treatment approaches for chronic IBS. The response rate to treatment is 80% and better in most published studies to date.

- The treatment often helps individuals who have failed to get improvements with other methods (see for example: Whorwell et al., 1984, 1987; Palsson et al., 1997, 2000).

- It is a uniquely comfortable form of treatment; relaxing, easy and generally enjoyable.

- It utilizes the healing power of the person's own mind, and is generally completely without negative side effects.

- The treatment sometimes results in improvement in other symptoms or problems such as migraine or tension headaches, along with the improvement in IBS symptoms.

- The beneficial effects of the treatment last long after the end of the course of treatment. According to research, individuals who improve from hypnosis treatment for IBS can generally look forward to years of reduced bowel symptoms.

Check out the graph here.

http://www.ibshypnosis.com/IBSresearch.html

1) Why might hypnosis not be for everyone...what do you mean by it?

2) By hypnosis do you mean using Heather's tapes or seeing somebody?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Re: Very true in my personal exerience! - nt - new
      #354954 - 01/27/10 11:29 PM
Naturapanic

Why don't people go ahead and list what foods/medicines/anything has been effective in relieving bloating?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Re: Dana new
      #354956 - 01/28/10 06:42 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Ok Dana, I will send it to Frygirl.

For Naturapanic new
      #354967 - 01/28/10 10:32 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

For me it's not so much about what foods I eat, though I restrict myself to small meals with the IBS diet in mind always. For me, it's more about eating in a relaxed state. I often play some soft instrumental background music that I find relaxing and not necessarily just when I'm eating.

As for gas and bloating, I find Heather's peppermint capsules the very best for alleviating the tendency to bloat and have gas. I suggest that you give these a try. I think you will find yourself very amazed at the difference in the way you feel if you take them as suggested and faithfully every day.

Do you have either/both of Heather's books? If not, then you would do well to buy them. There is a wealth of information in these that will help you learn how to eat for IBS safely.

Sometimes what other people can eat would not necessarily be helpful to another, as each person is so very different in what they can tolerate that another person might not be able to tolerate. Everyone's body is different and there are many contributing factors that vary from person to person.

My best to you...

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Re: For Naturapanic new
      #355000 - 01/28/10 09:58 PM
Naturapanic

I have Heather's book, but I have been skeptical about the Peppermint Capsules.
I mean does those REALLY make a noticable difference?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Enteric Peppermint Oil new
      #355004 - 01/29/10 04:49 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

There are a number of reliable clinical studies that show enteric peppermint oil is effective for managing pain and discomfort. One study showed that it can be as effective as Zelnorm (tegaserod) for some people.

Here are some links to abstracts of clinical studies

Effect of fibre, antispasmodics, and peppermint oil in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome: systematic review and meta-analysis

The Effect of Enteric-Coated, Delayed-Release Peppermint Oil on Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Peppermint Oil

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Enteric Peppermint Oil new
      #355190 - 02/02/10 05:53 PM
Naturapanic

Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Re: Enteric Peppermint Oil new
      #355191 - 02/02/10 07:18 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

If you do not have Heather's two basic books, I really suggest you get copies of those. There is a wealth of information in those which will avoid so much confusion around getting healthier even with IBS. Otherwise, it is likely that you will remain confused and disappointed in your progress.

My best to you!

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3822 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 46724

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review