All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chai tea?
      #334729 - 08/17/08 05:43 PM
jlrws

Reged: 08/12/08

I know normal chai has caffiene in it, but it is very delicious and a tall soy chai has become my drink of choice when I go to starbucks (not often) since I had to quit coffee (i still love you coffee, it's not you, it's me...). I was looking for decaf chai at the store today and could not find it. Luckily the store we go (Central Market, Mill Creek, WA) to 75% of the time is great for someone with IBS, very diverse choices, lots of international stuff. If you live close and you need GF, you should absolutely go there, it is one of thier focusses... Anyway they have at least 200 different teas in various sections, including loose leaf. I was surprised to find not one decaf chai, does it exist? Is the level of caffeine in chai enough to worry about?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chai tea? new
      #334733 - 08/17/08 06:21 PM
robbiej

Reged: 02/28/08
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi there!

My husband and I LOVE Central Market and quite possibly spend more time there than at home! Hee Hee We live up the street. Anyway, I also love Chai and it is my Starbucks/Spotted Cow ( go down the street by LA Fitness...LOVE that place) standby. Honestly, I have never had a problem w/it. I get it w/soy milk. I have never looked for it at CM in a decaf though. Anyway, if CM doesn't have it, try Granola Market across the street.

Robbie

#334738 - 08/17/08 07:22 PM
jlrws

my wife and i totally love central market also, it has such a retro feel and great great products. probably 90% of our food comes from there or Costco.

i have not had any problems that seem to relate to the times i have chai... anyway, i love the stuff and pepperment & fennel tea are getting a bit old in steady rotation.

#334739 - 08/17/08 09:05 PM
robbiej

Reged: 02/28/08
Loc: Seattle, WA

I can't do Fennel. I think it tastes gross! 25+ years of IBS and I have the nerve to be picky...who do I think I am? I'm going through a terrible 2 month IBS episode right now and was just at CM getting my "What to eat when you can't eat anything" foods. I'm a teacher so I need to get my you know what together in the next 2 weeks before the kids come back to the classroom.

I just finished a round of anti-biotics for possible SIBO ( Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth) but the only change I have is no pain during my daily "URGENT" bathroom trips. At this point though I'm willing to try anything. I just changed GI. He's at Everett Clinic in Everett. Dr. John Sekijima. I used to go to a GI in Kirkland, but needed a new perspective after so many years.

Drinks: I usually do water, peppermint or chai. I can also handle coffee (a small, black, that I usually don't finish ) late in the day. I know, what's the point late in the day? I can also do a beer or two (Michelob Ultra) a few times a week. Wine? No more than a glass and even that is "iffy."

Well, it was good talking to ya. I hope you are doing well.

Robbie

#334743 - 08/18/08 05:30 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Stash tea carries decaf chai - they have both bags and loose.

http://shopstashtea.com/111054.html

I buy my loose chamomile and ginger teas from them.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

#334748 - 08/18/08 07:47 AM
jlrws

sweet! i will check that out

#334749 - 08/18/08 07:49 AM
jlrws

I have not had a GI doctor yet. I was hoping I could just sort this out by diet changes alone, and am getting fairly close I think.

But then compared to some my IBS is fairly mild.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6538 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2093

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review