All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about BM changes
      #334391 - 08/11/08 07:38 AM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Ok so this seems to be happening a lot to me lately. I usually am IBS-D. I follow the diet quite strictly and rarely have much "if". So yesterday I didnt go to the bathroom at all! Now today I have gone twice in the last half an hour! They havent really been very "d" like, but its been a lot! And this happens often now. Whenever I dont go at all one day, I know that the next day I am going to go a lot! I dont know why I have days when I dont go at all! I am usually IBS-D so going every day was normal for me. But its not the case anymore. And the next day I always seem to pay for not going the day before. Does this happen to anyone else?? Thanks for your help!

Stefanie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about BM changes new
      #334407 - 08/11/08 09:15 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I'm IBS A...I get both. woohoo. But yes, this happens to me! I was so busy on Sat that I didn't go at all, so Sunday when I did go, I had to go a lot and it's pretty urgent. Not D, but I better run, ya know?
I never go more than a day without a BM now (was up to like 10 days without a BM at my worst. ahh!) and the day after is always like playing catchup. I specificially told my husband I didn't want to do too much Sunday (which really was b/c I knew I'd be in the bathroom alot!)
Hope that helps.
Aly

--------------------
IBS-A

#334532 - 08/12/08 05:22 PM
kevnyc

Reged: 04/22/08

I don't think this is necessarily abnormal even for people without IBS. Sometimes you go and sometimes you don't! I think that as long as it isn't D (and isn't painful, I guess), you are good! Sometimes I get nervous because there is no "regularity" in going and not going and going...but that adds so much stress to you mind!

I have a new policy: I go when I have to. Boy, that has worked so much better.

#334539 - 08/12/08 09:50 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Most definitely. I never thought I would be "C" - I was "always" "D" - for years and years. Then "poof - just like Bunny FooFoo" I was changed into I guess "A", but on a day-to-day basis, more "C". When I'm stressed, or eat known triggers, it always results in changing back to "D". So, I've come to believe it's just part of the wonderful IBS merry-go-round!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4370 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1246

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review