All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Why am i STILL bloated?
      #334294 - 08/09/08 01:36 PM
jenny833

Reged: 11/05/05

i cut out gluten, refined sugar, dairy, soy and other foods im sensitive to and i still walk around with bloat every day. its so frustrating. i also notice it gets worse when i eat something by accident that is a trigger. any suggestions? thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Why am i STILL bloated? new
      #334343 - 08/10/08 08:44 AM
Candy2

Reged: 04/09/08

Hi,

I have bought the following product online that really helps. It's called Reflux-Away. You can buy this at
www.enaturalcare.com

Hope this helps

#334346 - 08/10/08 09:43 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Please post your meals and snacks for the past 3 days.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

me too new
      #334390 - 08/11/08 07:33 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I just think I will always be bloated.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#334515 - 08/12/08 02:13 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I hope someone figures bloating out someday. Until then there is no answer to your question. I have been on the diet 4 1/2 years and am bloated every day and pretty much every day it is severe and debilitating.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#334519 - 08/12/08 02:27 PM
jlrws

Reged: 08/12/08

oh i hope you have missed something and there is some way to get past it. i'd almost rather go back to the BM issues than remain bloated... granted i did not have that very bad compared to some.

Re: me too new
      #334531 - 08/12/08 05:17 PM
kevnyc

Reged: 04/22/08

Hmm, what exactly is bloating? Sometimes I feel really really full but bloating I am not sure I feel. Is it painful? Can you see your stomach kind of bow out? I never feel pain. Sometimes it makes me feel really tired.

#334542 - 08/13/08 06:08 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

There is a lot of confusion about what bloating is and whether it is the same thing as distention. Here are a couple of exerts from some research papers on the topic that may help.

"Bloating, like some other descriptors for abdominal sensations, is an ambiguous term that alludes both to the subjective sensation and to the objective abdominal distention. The ambiguity of the English term is shared by other languages. Furthermore, bloating appears to be more frequently associated with visceral hypersensitivity, whereas distension is more often related to hyposensitivity and delayed transit. Although there is little evidence for excessive gas as a cause of bloating, gas infusion studies suggest that handling of gas may be impaired in irritable bowel syndrome and there may also be abnormal relaxation of the anterior abdominal musculature in these patients."

"Bloating means different things to different patients (and to their doctors). Some use the term bloating to refer to the sensation of a swollen/distended abdomen, and others use it to refer to the sensation of a full belly, the feeling of abdominal pressure or wall tension, or the sensation of excess gas. Yet others use it for various apparently unrelated sensations, such as needing to burp; nausea; crampy, gurgling, or rumbling stomach; or needing to go to the bathroom. Many patients with bloating, approximately 24%, report no visible abdominal distention."

References
Agrawal, A. and P. J. Whorwell, 2008: Review article: abdominal bloating and distension in functional gastrointestinal disorders - epidemiology and exploration of possible mechanisms" Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 27, 2-10.

Azpiroz, F. and J.-R. Malagelada, 2005: Abdominal Bloating. Gastroenterology, 129, 1060-1078.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#334562 - 08/13/08 12:30 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

as needing to burp; nausea; crampy, gurgling, or rumbling stomach; or needing to go to the bathroom. Many patients with bloating, approximately 24%, report no visible abdominal distention."

wish I was one of those people! I look horrible!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#334646 - 08/14/08 03:04 PM
IBSrunner

Reged: 07/25/08
Loc: California

I just started drinking strong cups of fennel tea and OMG I cannot believe the success I have been having!! I just feel so much better.

--------------------
IBS-C Gas and constant Bloating

I also hope I am missing something new
      #334685 - 08/15/08 05:52 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

or there is some misdiagnosis or some pill that will work someday. I am not even much better in summer like I used to be.
It is terribly common to be bloated and yet science has done nothing for it! Most doctors can't explain it and just send you on your way since they can't relieve it.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2770 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3430

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review