All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Turkey burgers
      #334128 - 08/06/08 03:14 PM
kevnyc

Reged: 04/22/08

Hey all, I've been stable for two months or so and feeling absolutely amazing. Totally normal. My life has been turned around following the EFI diet. Yesterday though I had some turkey burgers with some brown rice and it really upset my stomach. I figured the rice could be my SF base and the turkey burgers should be okay, but does anyone have problems with them?

I should mention I just had surgery and I had to take an antibiotic for five days and that REALLY hurt my stomach, but I don't think that's IBS related.

Also I had a fight with my mom over whether or not eggs were dairy, lol. She insists that they aren't.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Turkey burgers new
      #334129 - 08/06/08 03:23 PM
MJPJNP1

Reged: 08/06/08

Hey, About the turkey burgers, before I found Heathers recipe for Turkey Meatballs (Great) I did buy the ground turkey and made my own recipe and my daughter who has IBS can tolerate them. I tried to chop up anything healthy, celery, carrots, zucchini and some pepper etc. She seemed to be ok with them. If she has too many carrots they do bother her. I don't think eggs are diary but if they bother you try just egg whites. GOOD LUCK

#334132 - 08/06/08 03:34 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I was having a prolbem with turkey buger and I finley figured out it had to much fat in it for me. I buy the honey suckle white 93/7 and I don't have any prolbems with it anymore I buy it as lean as I can. hth.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#334133 - 08/06/08 03:38 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Do you always eat brown rice? Because I know brown rice can bother some people. Also I had to find really lean ground turkey and I make my own turkey burgers. I had bought some once and they had 17 grams of fat per patty. So maybe they were too high in fat. Good luck!

Stef

#334136 - 08/06/08 03:58 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Could be the brown rice

Check the fat content of the Turkey burgers. I buy the Jenny-o 93/7. Those are good, and I always tolerate them alright. Have you had brown rice before?

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#334152 - 08/06/08 08:36 PM
kevnyc

I am generally okay with brown rice. Sometimes foods high in SF actually are worse than regular foods for me. Maybe it's just the intestines working overtime on all that SF but I feel sort of a burning like regular diarrhea, but unlike diarrhea it passes if I just wait a bit. With diarrhea though you have to go or it...you know.

I will have to check the turkey burger fat content, thanks.

My biggest problem is that I'm just so inconsistent. I really think it's triggered by stress for me more than anything else. I had an amazing two months after the worst two days of my life (got a new job, my sister graduated, I had a new internship) in early June. But then I was absolutely fine and so happy for two months (though I did have a sinus infection, but again nothing to do with IBS, lol), but it came back this week with my operation and school looming about a week or two in the future.

Ultimately I am learning to control my eating as I have been but also to manage stress. I really think that is so much more dangerous for me.

I don't really mind mild stomach pain; I'm very lucky to say even the most severe pain I usually get is tolerable and light compared to some horror stories I've read on here and on the internet. But incomplete evacuation drives me MAD and I try very hard to avoid that

Edited by kevnyc (08/06/08 08:37 PM)

#334155 - 08/07/08 05:46 AM

Unregistered

When I have turkey burgers I use ground turkey breast - if not, they grind up the dark meat and skin with the turkey and then you'd might as well be eating a regular hamburger! Ground turkey breast is 99% fat free.

yes new
      #334156 - 08/07/08 06:40 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

They sell lean, which is 93% fat free and then the extra lean at 99&. Go for just the white meat!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#334161 - 08/07/08 07:20 AM
IBSrunner

Reged: 07/25/08
Loc: California

I was wondering if you wouldnt mind mentioning which foods really work for you. (I am just starting out and I need as much as advice as I can get! lol).
By the way incomplete BMs frustrate me too!!

--------------------
IBS-C Gas and constant Bloating

#334187 - 08/07/08 12:10 PM
kevnyc

Starting my day with oatmeal almost always calms an upset stomach if I have one. For lunch, a turkey or chicken breast sandwich is a delicious and fast treat if you get it made well. For dinner, I always try to incorporate some kind of starch...like a baked potato...into a chicken or fish dish. I eat a LOT of fish.

I am studying Japanese in school and I was introduced to sushi last year. Sushi is like an IBS dreamfood...the right sushi is low in fat and sooo tolerable and delicious! AND FRESH! it's like the steak I miss having

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1240 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3761

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review