All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
more align questions
      #334122 - 08/06/08 01:47 PM
keke

Reged: 06/05/05

My mom and I have IBS and I've been here before but it's been awhile. I was preggo and I, luckily, don't have symptoms during preg.

She saw her doc again today and he told her about align which she then asked me. I hadn't heard of it so I looked here.

I read most of the posts when I searched and just wanted to ask a few more questions and clarify some things.

So from what I read here it seems to be beneficial for those with IBS-D (which we have, her's is way more severe than mine), is that correct? We currently take enz. pearls.

Also, her doc gave her a script for them but I read I could get them at drug stores, is that correct? (I'm thinking of myself here since I don't have a script).

Thanks for your help! I tried to get my mom on here but she just isn't into the technology...yet

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: more align questions new
      #334123 - 08/06/08 02:14 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Align has been shown to beneficial for all IBS subtypes (IBS-C, IBS-D and IBS-A). Align contains a different probiotic than Pearl's Ezymatic Therapy Acidophilis and it has been clinically tested.

You don't need a prescription to buy it. If you live in the US you can buy them on-line direct from the manufacturer or you can ask your pharmacist to order then for you. Align is not available in Canada, I don't know about Europe.

Tell us how it works for you and your mom. Good luck

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: more align questions new
      #334375 - 08/10/08 08:16 PM
keke

Reged: 06/05/05

I will! Thank you!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 964 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 692

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review