All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Rice Dream If? and a couple questions
      #333718 - 07/31/08 07:41 PM

Unregistered

ok, I need to stay away from IF right now, my waste is so mushy. Is rice dream insoluble fiber? what about so delicious ice cream thats made with soy? i think both of them had brown rice as ingridients, so is that lots of IF?

almost forgot, what about cammomile tea, marshmellow and catnip, are those all helpful, do any of u take passion flower?

Also I bought some frozen mangoes. That is totally safe and Sf, Right? would that be good as a smothie by itself, frozen mangoes? I would need to use rice dream to make it though..any ideas what to do?

what about tostitoes, those are if too right?

Can mushy poo, dirreah like, be making me feel slightly nausous at times? I know all of this is becase of not eating right. I also take alot of acacia fiber everyday. I don't even mesure it. I just dump probly a few tablespoons everytime and drink it I don't get constipated. If im lukcy when my wastew is really musy, it will come out and look just a little more bulky, but it just looks weird and floats at the top of the water.

Edited by aperson (07/31/08 07:44 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rice Dream If? and a couple questions new
      #333719 - 07/31/08 08:57 PM
giveluv2all

Reged: 07/11/08
Loc: Nj

Yes Rice dream should count as SF. Ice cream and Tostitos will have fats, marshmallow has allot of sugar that may cause the diarrhea to get worse. Camomile tea should help with discomfort and hydration. I don't take passion flower and I thought catnip was for cats ;0) The mangoes should be good but that sounds like allot of acacia fiber - have you tried a probiotic? As for the floating poo - it may have allot of gas. Make sure your drinking fluids and getting your vitamins (I like Miracle 2000 bc it's easy on my belly). Hope this helps.

um no.. new
      #333738 - 08/01/08 08:35 AM

Unregistered

"Yes Rice dream should count as SF. Ice cream and Tostitos will have fats, marshmallow has allot of sugar that may cause the diarrhea to get worse. Camomile tea should help with discomfort and hydration. I don't take passion flower and I thought catnip was for cats ;0) The mangoes should be good but that sounds like allot of acacia fiber - have you tried a probiotic? As for the floating poo - it may have allot of gas. Make sure your drinking fluids and getting your vitamins (I like Miracle 2000 bc it's easy on my belly). Hope this helps."

Oh, I thought if the rice dream was made with brown rice it would be insoluble fiber..and i thought tostitoes are IF they are made with corn...oh and the soy ice cream was made with brown rice or something too

I didn't know the marshmellow herb had tons of sugar..i don't think so

http://www.regaininghealthnaturally.com/Herb_Information/Marshmallow_Root.shtml

"Marshmallow has factors which combine with and eliminate toxins, helping the body to cleanse. This makes marshmallow an excellent herb to add to other formulas to help neutralize toxins that are the causative factors of arthritis."
Demulcent: This herb softens and soothes damaged or inflamed surfaces such as the gastric mucous membranes."

catnip is for medicinal use not just for cats.. http://hubpages.com/hub/Medical-Uses-of-Catnip

" it can also be used as a digestive aid (which makes it an effective treatment for diarrhea) and an anti-biotic, which doubles its use as anti-diarrheal and a treatment for fever."

anti-biotic?? maybe this herb isn't good?

oh yea, I drink tons of water and fennel tea all day, so i don't need to worry that im not drinking enough. I already take a good vitamin and take peppermint capsules,regimint,fennel tea,papaya enzyme.

floating poo is good! new
      #333748 - 08/01/08 09:32 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

It means you are getting a good amount of fiber in your diet! Crazy, huh?

Soy/rice milks are not IF; yes it may say brown rice, but think about how small those molecules of brown rice are. Drinking rice milk is WAY different than eating a bowl of cooked brown rice. The brown rice in the rice milk is already so broken down that your body doesn't have to do much with it. Same with soy ice creams. Tostitos are SF; cereals and chips made from corn are considered SF. Again, think about the difference in consistency between corn on the cob, and a tortilla chip.

Yes, mangoes are SF.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: um no.. new
      #333750 - 08/01/08 09:37 AM
giveluv2all

Reged: 07/11/08
Loc: Nj

If you have baked tostito's they should be fine and ice cream that is soy and fat-free (I haven't found either). As for the marshmallow, i thought your were talking about the the common candy form. As for cat-nip if you noticed the little smile after, it means it was a joke - I wouldn't take it because there are so many gentle herbs that are proven over time to work for our IBS symptoms. If you decide to try anything new and it works for you, please let us know. By doing a search through the past forum files I see no mention of either use of marshmallow root or catnip. Hope this helps.
Just my humble opinions - Have a blessed day.

frozen mangoes, disgusting, why? new
      #333751 - 08/01/08 09:50 AM

Unregistered

ok if your sure... i bought 2 bags of frozen mangoes thinking it would taste good to make a mango smoothie by just using rice dream and mangoes. It tasted nasty. why don't they taste good, like real mangoes? I added honey to it, it didn't help at all.

Re: um no.. new
      #333773 - 08/01/08 10:53 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Read the So Delicious ice cream label really good, 'cuz I'm pretty sure it has casein in it. That's why I cannot tolerate it. Casein is a cow's milk protein, and an IBS trigger.

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Frozen mango.... new
      #333793 - 08/01/08 12:34 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

We love frozen mango, but made the same mistake of using it in a tofu based pudding. YUCK! We just defrost the whole bag, keep it in the frig and eat it straight up and really like it that way. I also like it w/white rice when my belly is really acting up. It's also great as mild salsa w/chicken/rice. I think all fruit tastes different once it has been frozen, it never tastes as good as fresh!

So Delicious Ice Cream is Vegan, no Casein.... new
      #333794 - 08/01/08 12:41 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

They list all their products as being certified vegan. Sorry you can't eat it FM!

Sorry you can't eat it FM! ??? whats that mean. nt. new
      #333797 - 08/01/08 12:56 PM

Unregistered

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 419 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9312

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review