All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Good question! new
      #333639 - 07/30/08 11:54 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Do you eat any type of bread product at all? I'm trying yeast free and I've tried GF, but I didn't stick to it. The certified naturopathic consultant at my former HFS had just gone on a GF diet - right before she sold her store - and told me that she had been GF for about 6 months and what a difference it had made in every aspect of her life. She did not have celiac sprue, just decided the gluten was not good for her and eliminated it. I also tested negative, but have difficulty discerning is it the gluten? is it the yeast? is it IBS? AND, I know one of my biggest problems is portion control! When I feel good I want to eat everything! (oink!oink!) If you can, reply and let me know if you eat any grains - other than rice - or any breads.... Thanks! - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Good question! new
      #333641 - 07/31/08 04:04 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Quote:

I noticed a change in my energy level and bloating almost immediately - I honestly felt lighter - not so heavy and full KWIM? I also am able for the first time in years to wear my pants all day long - they're not too tight late at night due to bloating. Before, if I had my pants on too late into the evening, it could trigger an attack because they would be too tight on my belly. As I write this, it's 8:12pm and I'm comfortably SITTING in the same pants I put on this morning. I could not have done that before. I really hope this helps you too!

Now that's impressive!!

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: THere is no reason why you can't have those things Fancymom.... new
      #333648 - 07/31/08 07:17 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

I sure WISH I could have those things, but I know deep down I just can't. Whenever I eat yeasty or sugary foods I get the worst belly ache, belly bloat, gas, cramps and constipation or diarrhea in the world!

I guess I didn't realize how bad it was until my last little experiment with getting OFF sugar completely. I felt SOOOO much better that now I am determined to stick to it!! If I eat NO sugar at all, then I can cheat once or twice a month, and it doesn't make me feel miserable! So, for the sake of health...an SANITY...I HAVE to stop eating sugar - COLD TURKEY!

I actually started 2 days ago. My belly has gone from looking 7 months pregnant, to only looking about 4. Huge improvement. If I keep going, pretty soon the belly bloat will be gone. I will have regular BMs, no gas or cramping, and just MAYBE I can try to start living a normal life again...and that sounds wonderful!!

So - eat some cake for me, would ya?!?!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#333650 - 07/31/08 07:19 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Ok ok I'll eat some cake for you.Chocolate alright?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#333654 - 07/31/08 07:25 AM
fancymom

Yes. Chocolate with chocolate chips and chocolate icing!!

--------------------
FancyMom

Fancymom...... new
      #333684 - 07/31/08 12:56 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

I was wondering if you had ever tried vegan chocolates or grain sweetened chocolates? Also have you ever had a vegan/GF chocolate cake or brownie?

Dorothy.... new
      #333685 - 07/31/08 01:06 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

I think it might just be whole wheat for me, but I'm not 100% sure, so I don't muck w/it too much. We eat Trader Joes Brown Rice bread most of the time. I do eat some flour breads if my stool is more on the runny side, like during my period. For some reason, during that time, it does not blow me up - or I'm already so blown up anyway I don't notice We also eat a lot of corn tortillas -quesadillas have replaced sandwiches in our house, and corn tortilla chips. As for other flours, I stay away from most grains. We have used bean flours w/a great deal of success so we still have pancakes, muffins, banana bread etc...I rarely feel deprived!
Portion control is a major part of my digestive health. I eat many times during the day, but very small portions. If I were to sit down and eat what most people consider to be a meal, I know I would bloat and it's highly likely that I would have a flare. It has taken me a long time to refine this part of my diet - a long time and patience with myself. It also means really listening to my body for signs that I am full. It's tricky! Plus we're so geared to overconsumption in the United States anyway.
I hope this helps somewhat - it's such a trial and error process, I know it gets frustrating.

Re: Fancymom...... new
      #333689 - 07/31/08 01:34 PM
fancymom

Yes. I used to eat carob...which is vegan. It's the sugar content that bothers me.

--------------------
FancyMom

Hapamama - new
      #333710 - 07/31/08 04:42 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and answer my questions... When I find out if I'm eating for IBS or the Yeast/Sugar free - which is even more restrictive, then I know I'll have some options. Wish we had a Trader Joe's here.... Thanks again - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Re: After the stool test..... new
      #333729 - 08/01/08 07:30 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

After testing positive for gluten sensitivity in my stool test, I got off gluten for good and my symptoms have imporved 90%.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2864 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8433

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review