All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Yes, it was new
      #333385 - 07/28/08 07:56 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I eat my fruit with peel, though. I wonder if that matters.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I think so-nt new
      #333386 - 07/28/08 07:57 AM
Jordy

--------------------

Re: Fen, exactly!(Jordy) new
      #333387 - 07/28/08 08:01 AM
Jordy

I definitely think the reason we are all sick is because of the chemicals they put into our foods.Not just that but think about the fertilizers and herbicides

--------------------

Re: Fen, exactly! new
      #333388 - 07/28/08 08:02 AM
Jordy

Quote:

I used to put stock in first a dairy free diet, then a gluten and dairy free diet, then a high fiber diet, then the EFI diet and none of them worked for me, even though I'm sure they can work for other people.

Me too....totally understand. It's so frustrating, isn't it?

--------------------

Re: Fen, exactly! new
      #333410 - 07/28/08 08:55 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

It is completely frustrating. Like I said in another post, I went nuts yesterday and ate a bunch of stuff I haven't eaten in a long time - ice cream, bunches of black beans, and several ears of corn. I was quite gassy at bedtime (I think I was even offending the dog!) but man, I had the best poop of my life this morning. So it was worth it! I'm hoping my body can gradually get used to the extra fiber and adjust. I'm thinking of taking some Beano today. Any thoughts...? I've heard really good things about Renew Life's Gas Stop as well. I'm heading to the HFS, maybe I'll pick some of that up.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Callie new
      #333477 - 07/28/08 05:42 PM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

Bananas don't seem to increase my C. I'm still taking a lot of stuff to help with that---Natural Calm and also a heaping teaspoon of tummy fiber at night (plus 2 tsp of another fiber, too). I haven't been eating as much rice lately, kind of eating the nightly fruit salad when I would have had rice and cooked veggies. So I think the extra moisture of the fruit is helping the C.

I'm not eating as much white rice this last couple of months--I think I was over doing it. In general, I've been cutting down on starches like that.

I've been getting frozen organic strawberries, blackberries, and mangos to eat with bananas, and I make it kind of a "soup" with rice milk. I haven't had the nerve to try oranges which were really bad for me in the past. I am not pushing my luck on this---I still haven't tried apples, peaches, plums, grapes, or anything else.

But I was SO happy this year to be able to eat a few of our apricots fresh from the tree--I hadn't touched one in years. I am eating some fresh figs from our garden, too, but I have to limit that to 2 a day.

I know I still have some digestive problems because I ate about one half cup of pinto beans in mid-June and it took me almost 3 weeks to recover from that! Bloating and pain!

Calli

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 477 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4811

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review