All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to IBS
      #333242 - 07/25/08 07:53 PM
IBSrunner

Reged: 07/25/08
Loc: California

I was diagnosed recently with IBS after almost two years of suffering. I am planning on going on Heather's diet full on in a couple days (eating only soluble foods and then slowly incorporating more insoluble foods). Can I anyone give some suggestions or sdvice? Like what to watch for or how to find out what really irritates MY stomach.

--------------------
IBS-C Gas and constant Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New to IBS new
      #333246 - 07/25/08 10:41 PM
giveluv2all

Reged: 07/11/08
Loc: Nj

I would do just as you said stay with the soluble foods then when your belly calms down for a bit. Then try incorporating a food (off the caution list), if that goes well for a few days then another, and another. I recommend taking it slow just seeing how you fair. Hope this helps...and welcome.

Welcome new
      #333249 - 07/26/08 12:30 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Hi and welcome to the boards! I think the most important thing to start with is making yourself a nice hot cup of mint tea and reading everything on this website. Learn the difference between soluble and insoluble fiber, learn about the "break the cycle of IBS" dietary guidelines, etc.
A lot of people here swear by keeping a diary of foods they eat when trying to figure out what bothers their GI tracts.
Are you constipation or diarrhea predominant?

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: Welcome new
      #333256 - 07/26/08 10:07 AM
IBSrunner

Usually constipated but my main problem is gas, bloating, and nausea. I am constantly bloated (like pregnant bloated). Also I have read on the message boards that some people have problems with the foods on the safe list. I am afraid that I will only eat soluble foods and still have problems. Anyone have some comforting words?

--------------------

#333258 - 07/26/08 10:58 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I wish I could help you. Bloating is also my biggest problem. I have a lot of pain associated with it. Only a fellow sufferer can understand what it feels like .
So far I haven't really found out what helps...

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#333260 - 07/26/08 11:19 AM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

Hi Runner! Welcome to the boards. I just wanted to say that I truly understand your pain with the bloating. For the longest time I would get the pregnant belly bloat and it was awful. Now if I feel bloated or just have an upset stomach I take ginger pills. The brand is called Reflux Away and I know it sounds like a Saturday Night Live ad but they truly have helped calm my tummy and intestinal tract.

As for the food, do take it easy, eating just SF first. I find that I do really well eating potatoes, bananas, mangoes, watermelon, cooked peas and carrots, rice, sprouted grain breads by Ezekiel. Pretty bland I know, but now that I have figured out what I can tolerate I have been able to eat organic hot dogs and deli meat and organic spaghetti sauce as well.

I hope that you will have success down the IBS road, I know it can be lonely, painful and frustrating, but trust me, Heather's advice really does and help and I hope you know that everyone on this board is working to help everyone.

Good luck and welcome!

#333276 - 07/26/08 02:10 PM
IBSrunner

Thanks Jenny it is always helpful to get support and know that some one else has gotten through this and now knows what to avoid.

--------------------

Re: New to IBS new
      #333322 - 07/27/08 11:55 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

HI my advice would be to buy the fennel tea and give it a chance the taste is differant but I like it and it HELPS with gas and bloat i can't say that engouh! Stay away from anthing that has hfcs in it! good luck. I wish you well.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3926 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1549

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review