All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ahhhh totally messed up.
      #332990 - 07/22/08 10:23 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

So i was doing good went out for dinner and ordered a chicken ceaser salad.MY FAV!
well I forgot to tell them not to put parmesean cheese on it.Remembered too late.So I figured I was going to pay for it anyway and chased it with a vanilla icecream cone.
Pretty yummy.
Felt alright last night.
woke up in major pain.
If I had a shotgun....well you'd all be coming to my funeral.
THE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Took me 5 Imodium two advil a heating pad and two hours running to the BR.My tummy is sore and my bowels feel on fire.
Needless to say I won't be finishing the other half today.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ahhhh totally messed up. new
      #333005 - 07/22/08 11:38 AM
giveluv2all

Reged: 07/11/08
Loc: Nj

First of all the shotgun thing - not funny. But in all truth I understand how the pain and the changes in serotonin (which [you may know] is made in your gut and helps balance your moods) may cause you to feel drastic when the IBS upsets the balance. When I was feeling bad for a few months, I would cry over literally nothing, but being a psychology major helped me know where to find answers.
As for the 'mess up', it's been hard for me not to do also (just last night I ate too much at one sitting (my husband even commented) and prayed to God to help me so that I wouldn't end up in pain, my prayers answered.
But I wanted to mention that I know aleve may be an irritant that may be more destructive than helpful. As for the lactose intolerance, have you tried using lactaid? It seems to help me, I still only eat very little lactose foods (like parm cheese on a salad) but when I do use the lactaid, it has helped greatly ( I recommend the chews) and I carry them around in my purse at all times along with Heather's peppermint caps. I have gerd with the use of the caps, but if I'm hurting it helps calm my gut and so does the fennel and peppermint tea.
I hope (and pray) you feel better (mind, body and spirit). When I'm going through a real bad day I just keep heating up the pad, call out of work, heat up teas, take caps and turn off the phone and watch the food network or something else that doesn't cause any (even subconscious stress) and forget the bills or the mail for a week oh and I play games like card games with hubby or something stupid on my ipod. The games help with serotonin levels. Lately I've also been doing the Align probiotic - and it seems to help allot. I pray. Please have peace that goes beyond your understanding, that you will get past this horrible day and see some improvement tomorrow and the next day. Be blessed and take care.

#333010 - 07/22/08 12:16 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Ahh dragon fly! I know that stuff sounds good but the PAIN isn't worth it. I miss food everyday! But the pain is just to much for me. I hope you feel better soon! Heat pad and eat plan the rest of the day your stomach will be glad you did. Like dry noodles or even soup and bread. take care.
emmasmom (sheila)
ibs-c gas

#333011 - 07/22/08 12:25 PM
dragonfly

Thanks for your reply.No I wasn't serious about the shotgun.I just haven't had a bad day like this in a while.
I can't do peppermint and I shouldn't have done the salad.I was having a weak moment.Believing I could be normal for a meal.Usually I am ok with caeser salad just the parmesean.
I do ok on dairy as well but the combo plus the humidity yesterday took their toll.
The heat pad isn't helping much and I've been eating safe today but my system is out of whack once more.
I don't use any supplements and I don't take fiber.I have only just started taking Imodium on really bad days.
Don't worry I have too much to live for to give up this easy but somedays are really hard,as we all know.Today was mine and tomorrow I will be better!

Thanks again for your concern and words of advice.

--------------------

#333012 - 07/22/08 12:31 PM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

Just wondering what effect you think humidity has on your stomach and why? I have been feeling much worse ever since real "summer" weather hit and it is always always really humid in my apartment. Just wondering if maybe this explains why I can't seem to get stable again despite the fact that I do not cheat. I am about to though, since eating well is not helping!

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

#333014 - 07/22/08 01:08 PM
giveluv2all

Reged: 07/11/08
Loc: Nj

As for humidity hurting the IBS - I know I feel a difference in my body, the heat seems to stress my body now. I really love the heat but when I'm having an episode of IBS I feel so much better in the cold.
Before I knew what was wrong and was waiting for the an ambulance I went outside in the winter, in my PJ's (since I was alone and felt I may pass out) to wait for them and felt about 30% better immediately after I hit the cold! - and I called them back and waited for a friend to take me (I had no ins.)
Anytime I get too hot for too long I seem to feel worse.

#333023 - 07/22/08 04:28 PM
dragonfly

absolutly.Heather mentions that heat is a stress trigger.I always find that I am exhausted when it is really hot and humid.It triggers my IBS and sometimes just sticking your head in the freezer can help.Air conditioning helps too.
I tend to pick up my energy level as the day winds down and the heat backs off.

--------------------

#333035 - 07/22/08 06:29 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Hey - you sound like me! AAHHAAAA! You already knew you were gonna suffer, so what the hell, just drink a milkshake to boot. Love it. I would have done the same thing!!!!

Oh, Dragonfly. I am really sorry you are hurting. The only question is...was it worth it?! YUMMY!!

Hope you get to feeling better SOON!! (((hugs)))

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6090 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1525

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review