All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A slice of misery today, anyone have any ideas?
      #332954 - 07/21/08 06:10 PM
LMo

Reged: 11/06/07
Loc: Los Angeles, California

I'm IBS-C and usually stable. Except today--if it's not IBS bothering me, I don't know what it is. I've had pain and cramping all day today and during the middle of the night. I've also felt queasy all day. I'm expecting my period any day now (I'm very irregular). The pain is mostly in my lower right side, but i've been feeling the cramping all over. Besides having 2 mushy BMs this morning, there's been no other action. I've been eating safe foods when I haven't felt too gross too, but this weekend I did splurge on my fat intake. Sunday I had a big breakfast (half a croissant and eggs with cheese--very rich I know) and at dinner I had pasta and a small salad...Could what I ate Sunday be bothering me now? OR could it be the pre-period revving up? It's so frustrating never knowing exactly what is causing the problems.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A slice of misery today, anyone have any ideas? new
      #332956 - 07/21/08 06:13 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I would say its both what you ate sunday and your period. My period bothers me every month! What you ate yesterday can bother you for up to 3 days. Hope you feel better soon. Just take it easy and a heat pad works great!hth.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#332957 - 07/21/08 06:18 PM
LMo

Reged: 11/06/07
Loc: Los Angeles, California

thanks emmasmom-yikes i didn't know it could bother you for that long! i guess i should be thanking my lucky stars, because it's been a while since i've had tummy troubles. i'm also a staunch yoga enthusiast, and haven't had time to get to it the past couple days...I need to get myself a heating pad.

#332959 - 07/21/08 06:42 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Yes the heating pad is a huge life saver to me. If you have a old sock add some rice to it and mircowave it for a couple of minutes! (Till hot engouh for you.) It works!! My dh made this for me years ago when I first got sick. He learn it in boy scouts!! I haven't done yoga does it really help? take care.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Edited by emmasmom (07/21/08 06:43 PM)

#332968 - 07/21/08 09:17 PM
giveluv2all

Reged: 07/11/08
Loc: Nj

When I first started figuring out that I had IBS was after eating those types of foods over a couple days (which I thought at the time were not that bad) then a day and a half later ....oh, I was laid out and not even able to go to work. Thank God (and I do) for this site that taught me better. The peppermint tea, heat pads, and absolutely no stress (no bills, no calls from drama types or the news), until I get better.
As for yoga, I seem to recover much quicker if I do about it for 15-20 mins a day. A plus, is my mind is clearer and my body is more energetic. The Align probiotic seems to be great too - but it takes a few weeks to to it miracle but I think so far it worth it.
Hope you feel better.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2594 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1090

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review