All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Going on a trip
      #332138 - 07/08/08 12:24 PM
kristi123

Reged: 10/13/07

I'm going to be going on a trip with a group a friends and am planning on bring food w/ me. I just wanted some input on some stuff from experience and a second opion. I would appreciate it if you could give me your opions.
-I was planning on bringing Luna bars, I've heard they are safe but just wanted to make sure, I've never tryed them before but they seem very healthy
-I also wanted to make sure these two things seemed safe...Annie's organic bunny grahams(organic wheat flour, organic evaporated cane juice, expeller pressed saflower oil, honey, organic corn flour, calcium carbonate, sea salt, natural flavor, baking soda, 4g fat) and Bear Naked Fit granola ( whole grain oats, brown rice syrup, almonds, evaporated cane juice, whole grain crisp rice, barley malt, oat bran, natural flavors, ground flax seed, 2.5g fat)
Thankss

--------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Going on a trip new
      #332146 - 07/08/08 03:11 PM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

1st of all- I did some research on Luna Bars on this board (just did a search) and found that like so many other things, Luna bars work for some and not for others, so you may want to try them out before your trip.

I just returned from a trip myself. It was hard but I have a bit of advice.

Definitely bring a ton of your own food. I went no where without pretzels, rice chex, trader joes organic animal crackers, fresh bread and a bit of almond butter.

I did some research on restaurants beforehand. It's best to avoid eating out as much as possible. That wasn't an option on my trip because we didn't have a kitchen at all, so I often brought my own food to restaurants. At first I felt rude but by the end of it I realized how IMPOSSIBLE it is to eat out and then I didn't feel bad anymore

When I did order out, I had to send back my food six times (in the first four days of my trip). My mom pointed out that people may remember that I want everything PLAIN PLAIN (seriously plain, not plain but with mayo or plain but with butter) if I actually state I CANNOT HAVE butter, mayo etc. Before I was simply saying- can I have a turkey sandwich with nothing on it. I personally don't like giving too much info, but she was right. I never had to return my order once I started attributing things to allergies or problems with my stomach. One of my friends who has different but similar stomach issues also tells me that saying you have allergies is the key to getting people to understand. I think she is definitely right.

Try to relax and have fun

~Kelly

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 708 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 604

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review