All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
whole grains-please help!
      #331602 - 06/26/08 09:38 AM
mizutenshi1

Reged: 04/03/07
Loc: Portland, OR

does anyone know if whole grain oats are safe to eat?
I posted a couple days ago and no one has answered...anyone know? I bought some nature valley granola bars that contain whole grain oats- has anyone had problems with these?

--------------------
"Smile at someone for no reason at all, theyll think ure up to something."(IBS-A)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: whole grains-please help! new
      #331616 - 06/26/08 03:41 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I can't tolerate whole grain at all ... but some might be able to. Let us know how you do.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#331618 - 06/26/08 04:33 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Theres alot of people who eat these on here. I tried and couldn't they gave me hottible gas. There good wish I could. Do a search on them old post may come up. Good luck.
Emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#331620 - 06/26/08 05:01 PM
alyssum

Reged: 06/01/08
Loc: Ohio

I can eat these granola bars one bar at a time. Sometimes I will crumble one up over sliced bananas and mangoes!

--------------------
"Learn to write your hurts in the sand and your benefits in stone . . ."
IBS-A, predominantly D, Gas & bloating.
Chronic Migraines

#331621 - 06/26/08 05:37 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Oats contain both kinds of fiber so they are safe for most. They can cause gas like emmasmom says. Hub gets gas from oatmeal, granola bars and granola, especially when hiking, since he doesn't eat that stuff very often.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

High Fructose Corn Syrup new
      #331663 - 06/27/08 12:45 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

I used to eat that brand of Granola bar all the time until I finally realized they were triggering bloating and gas and sometimes a full on IBS attack. I don't know if it was the HFCS or the combination of HFCS and sugar, but I had to stop eating them all together.

nature valley oats and honey variety dont have HFCS-nt new
      #331744 - 06/29/08 06:03 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5889 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2437

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review