All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm back
      #331557 - 06/25/08 08:17 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

After trying the gluten free diet for a while and it working at first i am now back to being C and bloated and hence i am here to try Heather's diet with 100% commitment. So, here goes...

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm back new
      #331565 - 06/25/08 10:34 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Hi Sarah! I was just thinking about you the other day, whether the GF diet was working out for you!

I'm currently trying to stick to Heather's diet as well, plus not eating too much of wheat. I noticed that I am more bloated when do I eat wheat, but its removal doesn't "heal" me. However, before I tended to substitute bread with lots of salads (especially when going out) which made me feel even worse. So I'm trying to remember that I really need to combine EFI plus low wheat.

How are you doing?

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#331831 - 07/01/08 07:35 AM
welshsarah

Hi Zara!

Sorry it's taken so long to reply!

I'm not too good- my constipation and bloating has been quite bad recently. I think it's down to stress more than anything else because the gluten free diet had been working. Then last week i decided to pack it in and eat bread/wheat then bam- the worst constipation and bloating i've had in months! Still suffering now. I suspect i need to combine the EFI diet with gluten free so i'm working towards trying it. I'm going to ease into it otherwise i'll get too disheartened and just give up. So my first step is to cut out caffeine, dairy, and high fat foods. Then once i'm used to that i'll cut out the rest of the triggers and adopt the EFI principles. That's the plan anyway! I'm hoping that if i do it this way then it'll be a permanent lifestyle change.

How are you? Any improvement with your symptoms? Are you taking any medication/supplements?

I've been constipated for 4 days and my stomach has ballooned out but really don't want to take laxatives. Not sure what else to do though.

xxx

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#331904 - 07/01/08 11:33 PM
Zara

For me everything's been out of whack lately. We sold our house two weeks ago, and had to travel before then. I've been living out of a suitcase and staying with husband's parents and my parents for about a month now. I have bloating and C but I'm actually surprised that I haven't had too many painful attacks, considering all this. I'll start living at our new place in about a week. Although, staying with my parents is pretty good, I can definitely relax and feel like I'm at home.

In the past couple days I've had a good amount of wheat and I'm so bloated and constipated right now! I can relate to how you feel! I didn't eat any pastries or high-fat baked goods, just bread and rolls. I was craving these so bad, I love European breads that I can't get when in the US (I moved to the Czech Rep.). Oh well. I got some rice and corn cakes and will try to eat those instead for the next few days and see if anything changes.

I'm not taking any supplements right now, I used up all my fiber I had on hand, and the rest is cruising the Atlantic ocean right now, with the majority of our belongings . Sometimes I take laxatives or Milk of Magnesia just to keep myself regular (every couple days or so).

My plan is to figure out whether wheat does or doesn't bother me, plus adhering to EFI principles. I think easing into it slowly is a great idea. I've always used the all-or-nothing approach which I could never stick to 100%!

I hope you're feeling better soon, and the bloating and C go away!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#331905 - 07/02/08 12:13 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

hi sarah - i have been dabling in heathers diet on n off since about 18 months ago - 6 years ago i did it religously and i had a life - so i think i might jump back on that wagon with you xxx let me know and if you want to as u atre in the uk we can swap msn or email and keep each other going !!

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

#331907 - 07/02/08 01:44 AM
welshsarah

Wow, how exciting! How come you've moved to the Czech Rep?

I took some laxatives last night and a 150mg of magnesium this morning and now I have the old D! Nevermind. I'm just glad it's out of my system so hopefully things can start to improve.

I sympathise with everything being out of whack- it's been the same with me since the end of May. I don't think a week has gone by when i haven't needed to take stool softeners or laxatives. I think it's stress and being down about my job.

I hope you feel better soon also and settle into your new home and country.

xxx

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#331909 - 07/02/08 01:46 AM
welshsarah

Hi Jen, sounds like a good idea tackling the diet together. Do you suffer from C or D? Which diet are you following at the moment?

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#331912 - 07/02/08 04:28 AM
Zara

I moved to the US when I was 21 to go to college there and to be with my then-boyfriend (now husband). We've always planned on first living in the US, then moving to the Czech Republic. So now the time has come to actually do it, lol ! Hubby's an American but he speaks the language because he lived here for two semesters when in college (that's how we met). We just wanted to get the move out of the way before we have kids. I can't imagine moving overseas with a baby!

I'm sorry the laxative gave you a D but at least it's out of your system now! The same thing happened to me two days ago, a regular dose of a laxative had me chained to the toilet for hours! And the bloating still didn't go away, ugh! Today is my first day of trying to avoid wheat, and see if anything changes. I'll be traveling for the next week so I guess I'll be all bloated and constipated, wheat or no wheat! Oh, the joy of IBS!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#331947 - 07/03/08 09:25 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

Well im mostly ibs d but i have days where im c too !! add me to msn if ya like chicky

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

#332037 - 07/06/08 10:48 AM
welshsarah

Sure thing. What's your email address? x

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4242 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3419

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review