All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
EFI on the road :)
      #331112 - 06/15/08 05:28 AM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

On Friday I will be leaving for my first ever trip while EFI. Last summer I went to Ireland and I had IBS at the time. I was on a modified (aka my own version) of this diet and it was REALLY hard (pub food does not go well with my stomach). This time I am going to San Francisco which I think will be easier food wise, but I'm still nervous about not having my oatmeal every morning and home cooked food. Also, do you know where I can find acacia caplets? I am going to take some powder but I bet there will lots of time I won't have water to take it with. I may just take benefiber caplets instead but do you think its bad to keep switching between types of fiber?

Does anyone have any tips? I'm planning to bring lots of my own snacks for in between meals. Any good San Fran restaurants that are IBS friendly? I will be in Monterey, San Fran and Napa most of the trip. Thanks all

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: EFI on the road :) new
      #331127 - 06/15/08 12:50 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Are you going on a road trip or by plane? On a road trip I always stop at the first place I can and pick-up fruit, snacks and water. (Can't cross the border with the fruit).
Carry as many snacks as you can. If you're eating out, tell the server you have food allergies and you'd like ... grilled chicken, a baked potato plain, etc. Most restaurants can be accommodating. If there is a question of it there is anything to eat, ask to see a menu before you are seated and if not, just say, sorry, I have food allergies and I cannot see anything on the menu for me. I've done it. Left the restaurant without ordering anything at all. They understood. If you have to stop at a Subway and get a turkey sub or veggie sub. (I don't know how stable you are - for me these are ok choices.)

And no, I don't believe acacia comes in caplets; at least not Heather's.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#331153 - 06/16/08 10:52 AM
als2111

Reged: 03/30/08

Good luck let me know how it goes, I am planning a trip to San Francisco next year and am nervous about it.

#331168 - 06/16/08 03:34 PM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

Thanks- I am definitely planning to pack the snacks. My mom told me that the big ting in San Fran is plain crab on sour dough bread- this sounds safe and yummy to me
Hopefully it will go well I'll keep you posted.

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 831 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1585

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review