All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am off to trader Joes soon! Need a list!
      #330879 - 06/10/08 09:30 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I am going to trader joes in a week and I need a list of what to get there I live about 100 miles away so I want to make this tip count! Thanks in advance!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas it will never leave!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am off to trader Joes soon! Need a list! new
      #330882 - 06/10/08 10:56 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

They have a bunch of frozen desserts in the frozen section, I don't remember the names but you'll see them.
If you can tolerate red peppers then I would recommend the roasted red pepper spread

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#330887 - 06/10/08 12:50 PM
em76

Reged: 05/10/08
Loc: Massachusetts

If you like curry, there is one jar of curry sauce by TJ's that is safe (no dairy, HFS, very low in fat). It was a mild curry, but really tasty.
They have wonderful naan bread - flavored as well that were safe. Really makes a turkey sandwich interesting.
Frozen mango - the only one that I have found that uses ripe mangos - I use for quick smoothies
Frozen wild blueberry - to add to my smoothie, I like the frozen b/c I can only do a small amount so far so they don't spoil.
Frozen seafood - better priced than our local HFS, vacuum sealed so no worry about cooking that day. Always tastes fresh
Candied Ginger - I keep onhand all times if my stomach starts to get a bit icky and I cannot have tea. (ing: dried ginger and cane sugar - there are several varieties)
Good selection of herbal teas - they have a nice passionfruit roobois tea that makes excellent iced tea
Look at their sauces and spices, I have found alot of safe ones there that really help dress up shrimp or chicken.

--------------------
Started EFI 6/13/2008: IBS-D

Love Trader Joes! new
      #330888 - 06/10/08 01:03 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

Ditto the Red Pepper Spread, Frozen Mango (we buy two bags every week!), and the frozen fish (DH loves it).
They also have very cheap organic tofu, at least in our area it's the least expensive organic that I can find. They have wonderful handmade corn and ww tortillas, hummus, and organic corn tortillas. I also use quite a bit of their canola spray as it's the most budget friendly that's still healthy. They have good fresh produce too. Bananas, pre-sliced mushrooms, salad mixes, etc....oh yeah, we get Gorilla Puffs there too - gluten-free corn cereal.

If you go to their website, it offers a product list by area, I know that all stores don't offer the same product..

How fun! Let us know how it goes!

#330908 - 06/10/08 06:39 PM
LogicalGator

Reged: 04/27/08
Loc: Maryland, USA

I agree the Naan is great - I've only tried the plain. They're local to me so I get almost all of my bread there including plain white organic bread and plain organic bagels (and I freeze them to make them last - organic stuff doesn't last as long unfortunately). I like the organic apple sauce with cinnamon in the little packets like you would find at the grocery store. They also sell Better N' Peanut Butter - I don't know how well different people tolerate that; I found it recommended on this site (forums), and I use a little for fat every now and then as it's lower fat than peanut butter.

They also have good and safe organic animal crackers in large tubs. And baked potato chips that I do well with - Kettle Bakes lightly salted - not the kind with all the seasoning.

#331015 - 06/12/08 08:36 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Here's an old thread on Trader Joe's, too. Sigh. Artichoke tortellini.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#331077 - 06/13/08 12:17 PM
Mimsy

Reged: 06/13/08

My absolute most favorite thing from TJ's ever is their Tomato Basil Hummus.

I've been lactose intolerant for 13+ years, IBS-C (D when in crisis) for 3 years and it reminds me of a wonderful, CHEESY, creamy spaghetti-like sauce.

It's yummy on Naan... and also on a nice crusty (white) bread if you cut it into little finger-able pieces.

I am back from Trader Joes and Whole foods! new
      #331306 - 06/19/08 01:56 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Well I am back from trader joes and whole foods. First let me say my tummy behaved very well thank god!
Trader joes was a big sucess I got lots of almond milk and some baked chips, animal crackers, pasta, soy yogurt, no pudge brownies, potato gnocchi and some trader joe cookies that are called joe-joes all natural vanilla sandwitch cookies no dairy and they have 5 grams of fat. (hope these are ok)
Whole foods I didn't do so well at I got some gravy and some chicken patties. I couldn't find a whole lot there maybe I wasn't looking for the right stuff.
My mom loved trader joes and wants to go back with me! My husband and daugter enjoyed it to. I can't wait to go back. Thanks for the help!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 855 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2756

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review