All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A pain question......
      #330595 - 06/04/08 07:48 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

In my quest to gain weight, and yes I do mean quest, I have been eating more and of course all within the guidelines of EFI. I have actually gained weight! BM's are normal but I get uncomfortable pain. It is not severe but enough to keep my mind on it. I actually think it is due to eating more rice and wheat than I probably should. I take 18 grams of SFS and eat a lot of wheat and rice as my SF. I hate to say it but I feel like wheat, rice, and potatos are the only non-sweet SF. What should I do? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Take care

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A pain question...... new
      #330596 - 06/04/08 08:03 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

You are probably just more sensitive than normal. Thats why you can feel everything. I can feel my food going through my system if I've had a bad week. It's always there..but I too try to ignore it.For the most part as long as everything is going well the slight discomfort might go away after awhile. When things are really under control. We iBSers feel more than "normal" people. I think its a defense mecanisism. You want to know when it's going to happen so you can be prepared!!

Congrats on gaining weight. How much are you trying to gain?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#330597 - 06/04/08 08:40 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

I am 6' and weigh 142 pounds and trying to get to 145. Considering I was 135 a month and a half ago I feel pretty good about my weight but not the pain. I want to feel good physically and mentally about my weight. Anyway, thanks for the input. Do you ever feel like wheat, rice, and potatoes are the only non-sweet pure SF? I already eat a lot of sugar to make thinks taste good, so I would love some non-sweet SF sources. Take care

#330599 - 06/04/08 08:56 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

That's great that you are doing well. Have you checked out SF That may help give you a few more ideas.

Are you eating whole wheat products or just white wheat?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1315 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1351

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review