All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Well, I guess it really is IBS
      #330313 - 05/28/08 03:06 PM
Candy2

Reged: 04/09/08

Hi All,

I had my stomach endoscopy and colonoscopy today and the doctor took biopsies of both. He said I had no polyps in my colon and it did not seem I have cancer of the stomach and colon. I meet with him June 6th to go over all the biopsy results.

Last night was horrible. I did not get to sleep until 2 am from running to the bathroom so much. I am soooo glad the colonoscopy is over with!

I was hoping there was some other minor problem that could be readily fixed instead of IBS. You are stuck with me for the long haul!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Well, I guess it really is IBS new
      #330315 - 05/28/08 03:30 PM
Genie75

Reged: 05/28/08

Hi Candy,
Welcome to the Club! I too was diagnosed with ibs 11 years ago, and because I did not know what to do for IBS, every year or so I'd keep going back to the doctors. I have had a number of gastroscopies, and they did find a hiatal hernia. So I went onto treatment for that. My small bowel biopsy showed nothing (but I had been eating gluten free so my tests would be negative for sure for Celiac disease), and they did find one polyp in my colon. But none of what they found would explain the IBS.
I have followed advice and diets for Crohn's disease, those seemed to help when I was unable to keep food in. I've followed the Blood Type diet as well, which really helped as well.
But even with all that, I have found that my IBS symptoms have been really bad the last 7 months, and it is a relief to find other people with IBS, and I have finally come to accept that that is one of the things I have. And that is the reason I am unable to get any help from my doctors.
My most advice to you, is learn to listen to your body. My body is extremely sensitive, and keep lists and keep updating lists, of things I can eat, and things I cannot eat. And of course it varies at different times, depending on what state your bowel is in.
Good luck with it.

Bye, Genie

#330316 - 05/28/08 04:45 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I was hoping for the exact same thing. I was even praying I had a celiac disease so that I could just quit eating gluten and eat fine. The only thing my colonoscopy found that on top of IBS I also have a severely long and twisty colon. Yay . So I guess we'll just have to deal with this IBS the best we can...

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#330318 - 05/28/08 05:10 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

So officially part of the club huh.
So when do we get our team IBS shirts?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#330343 - 05/29/08 11:47 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Welcome to the club. I too was hoping for something a little easier to deal with but I have to say that a year later I am handling it pretty OK.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#330447 - 05/31/08 01:54 PM
Candy2

Reged: 04/09/08

Hi dragonfly,

What color and what design of T-shirt should we have? I say black with a glass of milk with the forward slash thru it!

What do you members think?

#330464 - 05/31/08 11:06 PM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

Glad to hear you made it through your tests OK--and sorry you're still suffering the aftermath!

Maybe just having fewer possibilities to worry over will help you concentrate on getting the IBS stable.

Take Care,

C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 655 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1632

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review