All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
When do you take your Acacia?
      #330278 - 05/27/08 06:06 PM
em76

Reged: 05/10/08
Loc: Massachusetts

I am using Citrucil now, and I cannot beleive the difference in how I feel in conjuction with a huge change in diet - and so worth it.

I am up to 12 pills a day (2 pills 6x a day), and I feel like I am always taking it. I was looking at the Acacia, and it seems the equivalent would be 4 tablespoons and be more cost effective. If you take the Acaia, when do you take it? (upon wake up, before lunch, before dinner, and before bed?)

Seems like it might be easier. Please let me know your thoughts on it.

TIA

Em

--------------------
Started EFI 6/13/2008: IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: When do you take your Acacia? new
      #330291 - 05/28/08 07:53 AM
als2111

Reged: 03/30/08

I take 1.5teaspoons twice a day and do half in the am before breakfast and half in the pm before dinner. I will occasionally take an additional dose at lunch if I am worried there might be a little to much fat in it.

#330296 - 05/28/08 09:07 AM
tovabela

Reged: 11/07/07
Loc: NYC

I am up to 1 and 2/3 tablespoons twice a day. Once in the morning with water and once with dinner with water. Sometimes I put it in my cereal with rice milk.

#330297 - 05/28/08 09:33 AM
Darla

Reged: 11/24/05
Loc: Canada

Hi,
I have been reading the information on this site for about 2yrs now. Following the diet has helped a bit. I have tried using the acacia but it seems to give me a lot of cramping. Anyone else experience this? I only take 1 tsp. each day.

Thanks,
Darla

2 tsp in the morning & another 2 at night - nt - new
      #330326 - 05/28/08 07:01 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#330337 - 05/29/08 08:56 AM
tovabela

Reged: 11/07/07
Loc: NYC

In response to Darla's message...

I have been following the EFI diet since about Oct. 2007 (with some setbacks from time to time). I also started the acacia fiber at that time too, SLOWLY increasing the amount to what I am taking now (1 and 2/3 tablespoons twice a day). Also take 1 or 2 peppermint pills per day, too and take a probiotic as well. I have been reading the forums on this website too, and some people find immediate relief from the acacia, some do not. I did experience cramping, D, pain and nausea, my usual IBS symptoms just until about 2 weeks ago where I am now just starting to feel like finally everything has settled. For me, that meant 7 months before experiencing relief. With the help of this website and the encouragement of it's readers (even though not directly to me personally) I have continued to follow the guidelines and I am now so happy that I have stuck it out. I've stayed with an acacia dose for a month sometimes before increasing the dose another 1/2 teaspoon just to have my body get used to the additional fiber. I firmly believe that the acacia fiber and diet alone have made all the difference in the way I feel. I encourage you to keep at it, although I know we are all different.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1455 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1644

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review