All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Icky Greenery (Is this okay?)
      #329786 - 05/14/08 09:07 PM
frodobaggins

Reged: 02/03/08

I have been trying to eat a lot of salad and fruit, which I love, and today, I had a bowel movement where the stool was kind of loose and had pieces of green in it, like maybe the salad I ate. It wasn't undigested but there were little pieces here and there. is that okay? I am afraid I am overdoing it with fiber stuff. Here's what I have been eating:
Breakfast:
1 activia
1 bowel of shredded wheat

Lunch:
(if I have time for it)
sandwich
sometimes a bowl of shredded wheat
apple and tuna with crackers
1 vitamin E pill

Dinner:
salad with any sort of main course

I try to eat fruits as snacks throughout the day. I have had a lot of diarhea-movements the last couple of days. I had really bad gas and cramping for three days after eating Fiber One, so I stopped...things are getting better, but I am just worried about the green in my poo. It's so embarrassing to talk about this. Maybe I don't need as much fiber as I think I do? I go every day, so I am kind of normal. I have tummy issues in "spats" I guess. Any advice?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Icky Greenery (Is this okay?) new
      #329788 - 05/15/08 04:12 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Please take the time to view this website as well as read the stickies at the beginning of the message board. This website does a really nice job explaining why such a high fiber diet does not usually work for people with IBS. I don't think anyone on this message board eats yogurt and salad and two bowls of shredded wheat daily.

--------------------
IBS-C

Edited by Fen (05/15/08 04:14 AM)

Re: Icky Greenery (Is this okay?) new
      #329798 - 05/15/08 07:11 AM

Unregistered

Right, please familiarize yourself with the EFI diet. Dairy is an IBS trigger. Shredded wheat is very high in IF, and eating a salad as your main course or before a safe SF, low-fat dinner is asking for even more trouble.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2672 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1333

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review