All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
how do you do with Cliff bars?
      #329554 - 05/08/08 08:27 PM
Viajero98

Reged: 11/29/07

Has anyone had a hard time with cliff bars in the past? Do you eat them often? I'm going to Africa for six weeks and the people I'm going with suggested that I bring protein bars so I can have something to eat other than rice and mangoes. I'm really, really excited about going but wanting to make sure that if I bring a protein bar it will be easy on my body!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: how do you do with Cliff bars? new
      #329568 - 05/09/08 09:28 AM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

These tear my stomach up everytime, I have a slightly easier time with luna bars, but they are still a little tricky

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

#329574 - 05/09/08 10:19 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Regular Clif bars are really bad for me. But I really love the CLiff Kids Z Bars at Stop and Shop and Trader Joes. They are all organic and mostly made with cocoa instead of milk although it says there may be traces of milk in the ingredients so it depends how sensitive you are to that i guess. They are so so good tho, like candy but healthy. I also like the luna sunrise bars.

#329583 - 05/09/08 02:24 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I do OK with Cliff bars. The ones I've tried do not have milk products.

Sandy

#329585 - 05/09/08 02:37 PM
mommydoc

Reged: 05/09/08

try ultralean glucosupport nutrition bars by Biogenesis. these are dairy and wheat free. They help if you tend to have low blood sugar. My system is super touchy, and i seem to do okay.

kids and lunas new
      #329591 - 05/09/08 05:22 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't eat plain cliff bars. They seem a bit rich and too much for me. I love the brownie Cliff Kids bars! They are like cookies and safe and only 120 calories. I also can eat all the Luna bars but prefer Nuts over Chocolate or Strawberry Sunrise bars.
Have a wonderful trip! I think the food in Africa seems more IBS friendly. Not so much meat or dairy and lots of SF.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Thanks! (And another good bar choice) new
      #329687 - 05/12/08 10:32 PM
Viajero98

Reged: 11/29/07

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the answers and support. I wanted to let you know that I just tried a ReBound bar (Nature's Path Optimum brand of granola bars) and they tasted good and seemed to be good on my stomach. They're organic and a little bit more expensive than some other bars but if it might help someone out there I wanted to make sure you knew about it!

Re: Thanks! (And another good bar choice) new
      #359356 - 06/19/10 02:14 PM
BQE

Reged: 06/05/10

What about cliff builders bars?

Re: Thanks! (And another good bar choice) new
      #359358 - 06/19/10 02:44 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

All Cliff Builder bars contain inulin (chicory extract). Heather recommends avoiding it. It gives me big time problems even in small amounts

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#359362 - 06/20/10 04:44 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Wow I posted this two years ago..I forgot I was able to eat those bars, now the insoluble fiber in them makes me too sick, Why am I getting worse, what happened to me??!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 226 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26045

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review