All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can a bike ride exacerbate adominal pain? Or what else can be going on?
      #328510 - 04/19/08 05:34 PM
Photofabix

Reged: 06/03/07
Loc: N Florida

Well I'm far from stabilized, I am bound determined to have some sort of life and not just sit in my room all day.

Week before last I dusted off my old mountain bike, did some work to get it running again. I went on a few bike rides nothing far (maybe 2 or 3 miles) last Thursday I started experiencing severe abdominal pain.

Finally no better Wednesday I went to the ER (I don't have a stable doctor being unemployed) they did an ultra sound of my entire right side, my stomach and did a heap of blood work to make sure something serious wasn't going on. They stated that they think I just have Gastritis on top of the IBS I already have. They think I should follow up and have a C/T done just to be sure.

So to get to the point already, is it possible that short bike ride could of aggravated my stomach or is it just a coincidence? It's nothing like a muscle pain (like from sit ups) it's just real bad cramping/pain. This particular bikes setup is that there is a slight bend to put weight on the front bar. It's nothing extreme like a roadie racing bike.

The only other contributing factor is I quit my fiber 2 weeks ago, I had side effects from Heather's Tummy Fiber, Fibersure caused terrible gas and bloating. I just went out yesterday and bought Bennefiber and spent must of today in the bathroom with terrible D, so I don't know what I'm going to do for fiber.

--------------------
IBS-D, Lactose Intolerant, latex allergy, MCS, Sun allergies, depression/anxiety, 156 pounds weight loss now (still dropping), cramping, rarely leave the house.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can a bike ride exacerbate adominal pain? Or what else can be going on? new
      #328553 - 04/20/08 08:21 PM
rasputin

Reged: 02/15/08

Biking helps relax my stomach but its common for runners to experience IBS like symptoms brought on by running. a typical solution is to try exercising during a different time of the day.

No new
      #328613 - 04/21/08 04:42 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't think biking can cause the problems you had. Sometimes when I am bloated biking doesn't help and it gets more uncomfortable to keep trying but I have never had any problems from it.
It sounds like you might have intense C or some other bigger problem. I wouldn't worry about biking. If you are bloated it is better to walk though than bike.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: No new
      #328624 - 04/21/08 05:42 PM
Photofabix

Reged: 06/03/07
Loc: N Florida

Thanks for the replies so far I didn't think biking could be the cause, but just wanted a second opinion.

Quote:

It sounds like you might have intense C or some other bigger problem.

Yea I'm wondering if I am going towards A now, I've had the D for 2 years straight for the most part, and now in the last couple weeks I been alternating between C and D. What's strange is I'll be C, finally go, then all of a sudden have a D attack usually a few minutes later.

--------------------
IBS-D, Lactose Intolerant, latex allergy, MCS, Sun allergies, depression/anxiety, 156 pounds weight loss now (still dropping), cramping, rarely leave the house.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6505 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 857

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review