All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Pissed Off and Sad
      #328152 - 04/11/08 09:17 PM

Unregistered

Hi guys. I'm writing here because I'm feeling - as my subject line indicates - pissed off and sad. I usually try to post here in a very positive, hopeful way, but this week, tonight I'll admit it. I'm feeling sorry for myself.

I miss raw vegetables. I miss fresh fruit. I miss coffee. I know that I can manage my symptoms through diet, and that's wonderful. But I miss being able to eat an apple in the fall and beautiful bright crisp grapes in the summer. I miss red pepper and raw broccoli and salad. I miss honeydew and clementines.

I don't miss Twinkies or hamburgers. I miss things that are healthful and nutritious.

I feel like I'm being punished. I'm having trouble keeping weight off because every time I want a vegetable I have to eat 150 calories of rice. I'm angry and sad. I loved vegetables. I ate such a healthful, beautiful diet before I was afflicted with this disorder 5 years ago. Everything just feels hellish tonight.

Okay, that's all. Thanks for listening.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pissed Off and Sad new
      #328153 - 04/12/08 05:19 AM
kristi123

Reged: 10/13/07

I know exactly how you feel, lately I've been the same way. I don't miss the sweets and junks food, I miss the healthy stuff too, like fruit salads with cantalope, garpes, strawberries, and watermelon, and I miss fresh salads, and being able to just grab a cucumber and munch on it. I think that if I had to pick a group of foods I could eat with no problems it would definetly be either fruits or veggies..I miss them so much! Just wanted to let you know I'm there to.

--------------------
IBS-D

I am so with you both! new
      #328155 - 04/12/08 08:11 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I am always telling mu husband the exact same thing I don't miss the junk like snack cakes and ice cream and pop. I miss "real food" like Mac & cheese and bean salad, broc slaw, cole slaw,chili, the list just goes on and on.... I miss just going into the kitchen and grabbing something and not having to look at ingridents. Please know your not alone! I know everyday how you feel. hugs xxxx
Emmasmom
ibs-c

Thanks... new
      #328160 - 04/12/08 10:58 AM

Unregistered

Thanks for your kind words. It always helps to hear that somebody understands. K-I always fantasize about getting one food group back. It's always veggies/fruit.

Be well and happy,
Jen

Re: Pissed Off and Sad new
      #328165 - 04/12/08 12:52 PM
Candy2

Reged: 04/09/08

Hi Jen M,

I feel just as you do! I have only had IBS a short while, and I have tried to eat smartly. However, this morning my stomach was upset and I don't know why. I ate eggs, potatoes, bacon and water. I also took a Claritin for allergies.

I felt so upset today that it's almost 3 pm and I have not eaten anything for lunch.

I strongly resent that I am afflicted with this and I know many other people who are not even good people and they can eat anything they want anytime they want.

Never apologize for venting. We are all here for each other.

Hang in there.

Candy2

Re: I am so with you both! new
      #328554 - 04/20/08 08:30 PM
lauraads

Reged: 04/20/08
Loc: Florida

I just got the diagnosis a week ago after suffering with D and C since early February. I am extra pissed off because I have a chronic pain disease of the bladder called interstitial cystitis (IC) and it took me 10 years to come to terms with my strict, strict, strict diet and final find a love for the two fruits I could have (gala apples and pears). Now, I find that my tiny food window has narrowed insanely and I am looking at a future filled with brown rice. Bladder doesn't tolerate vitamins, am allergic to white flour and white potatoes, and basically have not found a recipe on this site or in Heather's book that I can eat that isn't all sugar and rice (or just lousy carbs).

I feel so angry and scared. I can't believe this has become my life! 2008 was supposed to be about healing and after four months of working so hard to eat healthy with my IC all I get is notification that I have to eat less healthy than I ever imagined.

I guess I might tolerate it a little better if I did not feel like I was losing my mind with the BIG C and bloating, gas, and cramps. I am all but terrified to eat things that were my only seasoning before with IC -- garlic and olive oil. The more I read, the more confused I get!!!

Thanks for listening to me! AAGH.

--------------------
Laura D in FL

Interstitial Cystitis diagnosed 1995 and IBS diagnosed 2008

www.art4ic.com

#328560 - 04/21/08 05:03 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I hear you. Mostly I just miss being able to go out and order whatever looks good on the menu, without being afraid that it will make me sick. One day we went out for lunch at work and on the way back to the office we pulled into a drive-through and some of my coworkers got ice cream...:(. I want to have a normal tummy!!!!!

But yeah, I miss healthy food, too - yogurt (real) with granola, loads of fresh fruit, large salads with feta cheese and walnuts. It's hard to explain to people that I can't have these because they're like, "but it's so healthy, so you'll have white rice instead, that's not as healthy as a salad". Yeah, I KNOW, but my tummy doesn't .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: I am so with you both! & lauraads new
      #328563 - 04/21/08 06:05 AM
stopper

Reged: 04/16/08

I've "suffered" with IBS-C, ICystitis, & other beasts for over 30 years. I've ended up an old woman who is depleted of every vit & min. Every supplement or food aggravates colon, bladder, migraine, or seizure. I know where you're coming from & it does help to vent occ. Better days for all.

My exact feelings new
      #328579 - 04/21/08 08:55 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I can't imagine going the rest of my life without ever having some of my favorite foods again. And as Zara mentioned, restaurants are nightmares. I went out to lunch with my coworkers and they had salads, cheeseburger, fries, a personal pan pizza, onion rings, chocolate turtle cake....I sat there with my herbal tea...just staring with envy. I wanted to cry.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#328583 - 04/21/08 09:04 AM

Unregistered

I am so sorry for what you're going through. If you want, post ALL your dietary restrictions and maybe we can all help you find recipes that'll be safe for you...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4213 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8202

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review