All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Oh, I get her newsletters! new
      #327762 - 04/04/08 06:58 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

And I am definitely a C!!! Sometimes (rarely) an A? I also have pain, pain, pain...and bloat and gas and cramps. The whole shabang!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

That's great Dazzle! new
      #327764 - 04/04/08 07:02 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I wonder why a trip would change things so much for you. It's not like you made any drastic changes. Maybe I'll have to plan a medical "trip" to Hawaii!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Jordy new
      #327770 - 04/04/08 07:51 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Jordy, no, I didn't think you expected me to help you pick the right approach, I just meant that I don't know enough to even sort it out for myself . To be honest, most of the time I'm not "at peace" accepting GF, dairy free, EFI, and low sugar! Sometimes I really feel like it's too much and I need at least a little bit of my favorite foods! I have good days when I'm really determined, and I also have bad days, when I....well, fall off the wagon . So that's not the right way to go! I'm sure these shock waves are just really confusing for my body. So I think I need to play with my diet and perhaps select little things from these different groups. For example, even back when I was eating dairy, I remember feeling OK after having a little bit of cheese as a part of my meal but then I did get sick from a big ice cream sunday or a milkshake. It could have been the quantity (little cheese x huge shake), the fact that the cheese is fermented, or that cheese doesn't contain loads of sugar like the ice cream/milkshake. So I plan on experimenting in the future.

As of now I still do have C but that could be for many reasons. As of last week I ate pretty big amounts of chocolate, this week I had that cookie mishap...so yeah, I'm not as strict as I sound . Maybe (hopefully) C will go away once my body gets rid of all that "residue" from these unfortunate eating episodes .

Hawaii sounds great, maybe that really is all you need ;

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Sarah new
      #327780 - 04/04/08 10:18 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Sarah, did you get that GF Vegan cookbook? I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you were going to buy it. Any good recipes in it?

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Re: Jordy new
      #327781 - 04/04/08 10:20 AM
Erilyn

Let's ALL go to Hawaii! I'm totally game!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.

Re: Sarah? new
      #327808 - 04/04/08 04:33 PM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hi Jordy,

Sorry i didn't reply to your post. I'm not eating gluten free bread (really don't like). I suppose the only substitutes i'm eating are rice cakes. All my other staples are natural eg fruit, veg, potatoes, rice, buckwheat pasta, corn flakes. I try to eat as naturally as possible. However, i don't necessarily eat as healthily as i could- i love peanut butter, chocolate and coffee/tea!

You're welcome to email me any time you like. My email address is sarahaw@hotmail.com

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: Sarah new
      #327810 - 04/04/08 04:35 PM
welshsarah

Hey Erilyn!

Yeah, i bought it. To be honest, it wasn't very good. I ended up selling it. The recipes weren't very appetizing nor were they practical. Was worth a shot though! Consequently, my plan is to adapt "normal" recipes to my dietary restrictions. So far, so good.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: Oh, I get her newsletters! new
      #327811 - 04/04/08 04:37 PM
welshsarah

Gosh, poor you. I suppose i'm quite lucky in so far as i just get C and major bloating and discomfort. No pain though, and rarely cramps.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: Jordy new
      #327812 - 04/04/08 04:39 PM
welshsarah

Erilyn, that's genius idea! Would so love to go to Hawaii! Flying from the UK would take forever though...

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: Sarah new
      #327815 - 04/04/08 06:58 PM
Erilyn

Aww that's too bad. I bought a Vegan dessert book a few months ago and was slightly disappointed with it. A lot of weird ingredients, you need a food processor for many of them, and most of them were still high fat. I may still try a few though, someday!

Haha - I vote that the next IBS Fall Sprawl takes place in Hawaii! But I guess that would be a pretty long haul from the UK!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2882 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 56410

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review