All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: I'm here! new
      #327654 - 04/02/08 04:30 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hi Erilyn! Thanks for your encouragement. I am a bit nervous about bringing dairy products back into my diet, especially as my digestive system seems to be working so well at the moment. At least i'll know what to do if adding dairy back in doesn't work.

I'm trying to cut back on sugar but i'm hoping that now that i'm adding dairy back in i can have yoghurts for dessert so won't crave sweets and chocolate so much. Or maybe that's wishful thinking!!! Glad you've figured out fruit's a problem.

Jordy - are you IBS C or D? I've read loads of accounts where just cutting gluten out is enough to sort out C and some where gluten and dairy works. check this link out...

http://www.irritable-bowel-syndrome.ws/gluten-free-diet.htm

Good luck with your next step. I'm sorry things are so tough for you and don't seem to be working. My anxiety levels increase when i spend lots of time on this site because i get paranoid that i'm intolerant of everything and not carrying all the measures that others are but that's just me. The older i get the more i worry!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#327657 - 04/02/08 05:11 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Sarah, thanks for the link! I will definitely read it! I feel like I've read the entire internet trying to help myself, lol !

I did something really really stupid yesterday. Suddenly lastnight my mind must have gone on vacation and I ate about 5 large cookies! Full of gluten, sugar, fat, made with real butter... . I wonder when and how much I will pay for that. The only hope is that earlier last afternoon I had a cup of senna tea because I really needed to get my bowels going. Because I'm trying to stay away from laxatives I had a pretty strong reaction resulting in a D. So hopefully some of that "crap" got washed out.

Oh well, today I'm climbing back on the wagon. I just wanted to "confess" here

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#327723 - 04/03/08 12:28 PM
welshsarah

Hey Zara!

How are you feeling after your cookies??? I bet they tasted great! Hope you haven't suffered too much as a result. If it's any consolation, i am the queen of blowouts- especially when it comes to ice cream and chocolate! I think i am defo a chocoholic. For example, tonight i've had my dinner which i love to round off with a couple of squares of chocolate. However, we have no chocolate in the house! Tough times. I could go out to the shops and buy some but my laziness is overtaking the desire... Hmmm, maybe this is a good way of kicking the chocolate addiction!

Are you back on the bandwagon now?

I've had dairy products three days in a row now (yoghurt, cheese, and milk). No reactions yet but it could be early days. Lets hope no reactions come!

Hope you're ok

Sx

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#327725 - 04/03/08 12:39 PM
Zara

Hey Sarah,

Yes, the cookies were awesome but now I also have not-so-awesome stomach pains. I'm not sure if it was from the cookies or the chocolate chips or whatever else in them or from the senna tea. I'm also really bloated but that should hopefully go away. At least I learned my lesson :-).

I understand what it's like not having anything to nibble on in the house. I'd probably just go and buy something if the craving was really strong :-). So good for you that you resisted!

The dairy stuff is so exciting, maybe you can have it after all! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that no bad reaction will come!

Stay well !

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#327727 - 04/03/08 01:00 PM
welshsarah

Oh no, that sucks. Poor you. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm satisfying my chocolate craving by having a cup of hot chocolate

Thanks for your well wishes.

It's time for House now- love the show!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#327730 - 04/03/08 02:27 PM
Zara

Quote:

It's time for House now- love the show!

Haha, my friend's addicted to that show! I've never watched an entire episode so I never really got into it. My weakness is Lost .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#327732 - 04/03/08 02:35 PM
welshsarah

I've never watched an episode of Lost- mostly because my husband is a plane geek and couldn't stand the inaccuracy of the plane crash at the beginning of the show. So, i figured he would just ruin the pleasure of watching it with his moaning! Ha ha!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#327757 - 04/04/08 04:36 AM
Zara

That's funny ! Thank goodness I don't know much about planes so I can watch the show !

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Sarah? new
      #327760 - 04/04/08 06:50 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Not sure if you saw this or the other one on how much GF substitutes (breads, muffins, cookies) you are eating as opposed to "natural" GF foods...like apples, potato, veggies, meats, etc.

Could I email you if you don't want to list these on this forum?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#327761 - 04/04/08 06:53 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

But I also feel like it's just unnatural to take that much fiber just from supplements. At the same

I sort of feel this way too. I take it you aren't planning on increasing.

Hopefully, you will be able to eat more IF foods soon. How are you able to not be C ?

Quote:

I'm not sure if I can help you with picking out which diet to go with. Do you remember which one made you feel less bad just on its own?

Oh, I didn't expect you to tell me....sorry if you got that impression. To be honest, I started them at the same time, so I don't know either! So, now, I feel sort of stuck with both....although you seem to be "at peace" with accepting both!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1057 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 56739

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review