All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Its been over a year, Now I'm back. Need explanation.
      #327432 - 03/29/08 06:51 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

Its been a while and its because I have been doing great. Eating most everything that I thought was a trigger. I would have an off day or two every month or so which I could tolerate but I dont eat the real crappy stuff. Anyway for the last week the cramping has been worse than giving birth. I would have to run to the bathroom and the stools would be hard and then out comes the explosive watery D.(sorry ) I dont go constantly. Thats the thing. I would have a few bouts and then I can go on with my day and not take anything. Could this be a bug? It usually hits me right after I eat. Before this year, it would hit me anytime, even 3 hours after a small meal. I cant take the change. Any advice?? Thank you all. Hope everyone is well.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Its been over a year, Now I'm back. Need explanation. new
      #327453 - 03/29/08 02:32 PM
Joannelcoq

First thing this morning i had a small normal bm. Had a bowl of Activa flake cereal with soy milk. Lunch I had a plain chicken breast sandwich on white bread. Its 5 hours later and dinner time. I feel great. Nothing. What gives??

#328360 - 04/17/08 06:13 AM
Joannelcoq

bump., Did 100% since last post. Went out, had NORMAL life. Yesterday, it happened again. Im glad I was home doing gardening. How can I be great for weeks at a time and then one day or two be miserable no matter what is in diet. But my diet is great with the solubles and nonsolubles.

#328363 - 04/17/08 06:25 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

The only explanation I have is that you've got a relatively mild case of IBS so you can eat trigger foods for a while and do okay but eventually it catches up with you.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#328370 - 04/17/08 07:14 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

One thing I have learned both from this board and experience is that something I eat two days ago may be the culprit. I have learned all kinds of weird things about me and I think only I could figure them out by keeping a food journal. For instance, I can't tolerate honey and I can't tolerate store bought bread that has high fructose corn syrup in it. Gives me much the same symptoms as you are having. The only way to really tell is the to go back to eating just the basics and slowly add things every three or four days keeping a very careful journal. Something is not agreeing with you. Oh--soy gives me the same symptoms you are having as well. Good luck

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#328377 - 04/17/08 08:59 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

i wanted to reply because i was the same as you i didnt come on here for about 18 months !! iwas doing fab - the big things still triggered me but the small things didnt then BANG last october all hell let loose with my bowels again - my doc checked for parasites and food poisining etc and i havent been the same since - i get a few days wher eim not running ot loo all the time but they are the days i struggle with bloating and cramping and feeling like im 7 months pregnant !! and then i can eat something i dont see as being a trigger and ey up here we go again! One thing i have learnt is that we all gunna have flare ups - these can last many months or a few days then we can have a period of betterness - again can be months can be days - stress plays a big trigger and i realised this for the first time last week - we took the bunny to the vets as he had a white eye - turned out it was an abcess and his eye was dead they could either remove it costing me £400 (more than a months money for me) or they also suggested cause he was in pain to put him to sleep - i was heart broken and i cried like a baby acuse i had rescued him so he was my personal baby - within half an hour my stomach killed me aches cramps churning felt like my stomach was falling out lol but once i had calmed down it eased !! this for me made me take head so i am now doing relaxation every single night - i am starting tomorrow on the not eating a darn thing diet lol(well ok the basics) untill monday then im going to start introducing things slowly !! hopeing it helps a little to stop me in my tracks or a roller coaster belly. - sorry i have rambled but i am so where you are hun xxx it will ease i promise xxx

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 679 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1242

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review