All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is anyone else new here?
      #327248 - 03/26/08 01:24 PM
jodipino

Reged: 03/26/08

I am new here, hi everyone. I was just diagnosed with IBS, but have not recieved any medications as of yet. I am bloated and aggrivated and am in pain.... I don't know what to eat, it just makes me not want to eat anything at all.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is anyone else new here? new
      #327267 - 03/26/08 02:56 PM
Kimberley321

Reged: 01/21/08
Loc: London, UK

Welcome

I've been looking at these message boards for a few months now. Check out the recipe pages for a variety of things safe to eat. If you are feeling really sick you might want to check out the main website helpforibs.com and look at the pages for breaking the cycle of ibs. I definitely recommend getting the Eating for ibs book.

Good luck to you and i know you'll find support amongst this message board - it has really helped me. Feel free to ask any questions or pop to the living room page for non-ibs related discussion amongst fellow suffers

#327276 - 03/26/08 03:53 PM
Jazzy79

Reged: 03/25/08

I'm new to this message board as well, but not to IBS. I was diagnosed when I was about 21 and am now 29. I was never given any medications, and I don't recommend any since many have bad side effects. I recommend you check out heather's main site to see what helps for gas and bloating, like fennel tea, peppermint tea, and peppermint caps. I'm still trying to break the cycle since I just recently discovered that I was not eating the way I should have. Mainly I was confused about the fiber part. I thought I should eat more whole grains, but really we have to go with soluble fiber first then we can eat the insoluble fibers. Heather's web site has tons of info on how to eat, check it out.

#327434 - 03/29/08 07:02 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

I was here a year ago and was basically stable. Now Im back. IBS is a condition not a disease. There is no real medication. It just has to be controlled and monitored. It has killed my lifestyle and I lost plenty of my friends. The plans always are I want to eat out either home or very close to home in case I have to run. I have IBS-D which is harder to control the urgency. Whats your story?

#327442 - 03/29/08 12:13 PM
CarolynC

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Connecticut

I am new here too. But IBS has been a problem for me for at least 10 years. I have been using Heather's IBS eating guidelines and I MUST say there has been a great improvement. Especially introducing the Acacia fiber into my diet. I've only been on the diet since the beginning of March so I'm still learning. I hope you find the same results and are feeling better in no time! Keep in touch

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and cramps
occasional type A

#327614 - 04/01/08 10:00 AM
als2111

Reged: 03/30/08

I am new here as well just diagnosed IBS-D and still trying to figure out this diet stuff. I was started on several meds which have seemed to help already but I know I have to do the diet stuff as well to get more stabilized. I think it is hard right now because I feel like I can't eat anything I ever use to and I have a hard time still understanding the ingredients on things for good wheat vs bad wheat fiber.

#327784 - 04/04/08 10:55 AM
Ahimsamama

Reged: 03/26/08

Hi! This is my first post on this website, however, I have been on Heather's eating plan for several months. I have been PAIN FREE for one whole month and it has changed my life. I am 51 years old but have only recently been diagnosed with IBS-D after MANY years of tests and pain.
I couldn't believe my luck at finding this site! B4 I found Heather's diet, I couldn't function at work...I am a massage therapist. The doctor's I went to shrug their shoulders and told me to just stop eating cabbage and onions but offered no other advice. I use the Acacia Fiber in almost everything I eat and it works beautifully. I can say now that I am almost normal (in the gut that is!) This past week I was able to offer one of my clients the website address for Heather's eating plan as well. Hopefully we can all help each other.

#328260 - 04/14/08 03:46 PM
Candy2

Reged: 04/09/08

I am new to this board. I joined last week and have learned a lot. I will soon have a colonoscopy. I will see an accupuncturist. I will let you know how it goes.

I am IBS-C.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1716

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review