All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bloating leading to vomitting?
      #325383 - 02/23/08 07:50 PM
grand sirenis

Reged: 03/13/07

anyone else ever get so bloated that you end up spitting up/vomiting. Its been something that has been happening more and more lately like twice a week, where I just feel so bloated that when I burp, I end up like spitting up all the food that I have just eaten until I no longer feel full.

It gets much worse if I try to force my self to have a bowel movement as if I strain too much, then it actually turns more from spitting up to actually vomiting.

Anyone else go through something similar?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bloating leading to vomitting? new
      #325413 - 02/24/08 11:58 AM
C&P

Reged: 02/01/08

It sounds like you may not actually have IBS but something similar (Inflammatory bowel disease).
I would go to a doctor and have it checked out.
Crohn's Disease and Colitis Board

Yes, I get this new
      #325461 - 02/25/08 07:17 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I have to be very careful when I get bloated. Bloating in my body leads to nasty, painful gas,that sick 2 sizes heaver, not-my-self-feeling, and can occasionally make me spit up (thurp, have an esopagealism, vomit in mouth etc. feeling).

When I get bloated I have to take a half dose of a diuretic to get my body back in order. If you're not good with diuretics, celery juice is said to work pretty well. There are other good diuretics, but many (gin and water for instance) don't sync well with the ibs diet.

Anything that gets you vomiting should be avoided or dealt with before you get to the puking stage. {{{HUGS}}}} and good luck!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4586 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 626

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review