All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Here's a question for anyone???
      #32506 - 12/17/03 05:19 PM
usafacock

Reged: 12/16/03

My doctor referred to one of my complaints as a common trait of IBS. When reading all of the posts and literature, I can't find a confirmation. Basically, when I use the bathroom the first bowel movement is a hard, lumpy stool, almost like a plug. After that my stool gets wetter until I pretty much get a watery stool at the end. Would you classify this as a diarrhea type IBS? Does anyone else have this problem? Any type of relief? Thanks, for the help.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

More info... new
      #32507 - 12/17/03 05:26 PM
usafacock

In the morning, usually after my first two bowel movements, is the only time I may have this watery stool. After which I'm either fine, or if I do have another bowel movement I just get a bit of mucus. Any thoughts or ideas?

Re: Here's a question for anyone??? new
      #32511 - 12/17/03 05:38 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

LOL - I can't believe you used the plug term - I think that every time it happens to me.

It used to happen to me all the time, and I was fine for a long time when I became stable following the EFI diet. Recently, I started using Acacia and yesterday and today I've had the same problem. I had it some last week too. Anyway, I'm going to try to increase my fiber at the suggestion of Heather and see if it helps. When I was on the Citrucel, I can't remember having the problem - or at least not as often.

Anyway, I do consider myself D, since I mostly had D, loose stools after the 'plug'.

Thanks for responding. Citrocel has also helped me.*** new
      #32513 - 12/17/03 05:50 PM
usafacock

Re: More info... new
      #32555 - 12/18/03 12:32 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I get this. Upping my soluble fibre intake has helped, plus eating less insoluble fibre and being more careful with it. The joint effects of soluble fibre (why it works for both C and D) apply here - it soften stools, whilst helping to prevent diarrhoea.

Watch out for dehydration with these symptoms.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 839 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 787

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review