All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anybody make smoothies for nutrition?
      #325012 - 02/19/08 10:55 AM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

I am having a super hard time with fruits/vegetables. I'm going to try some of Heather's smoothies to at least get some fruits. Has anybody had success with these?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anybody make smoothies for nutrition? new
      #325029 - 02/19/08 02:47 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hey Wendy... I am having a super hard time with fruits and veggies too and wanted to try smoothies. Unfortunetly I realize I am not answering your question, but I wanted to let you know that I was interested in smoothies too. I am allergic to bananas but I was thinking about something with mangos and papayas. Maybe mashing those up with ice but I've never tried soy milk, so I am wondering if we have to use some sort of milk. Sorry to not really answer your question, but I'm with you on the not handling fruits and veggies!

Stef

#325031 - 02/19/08 02:48 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I make smoothies all the time. I usually use soy milk, a banana, and either peaches or pineapple. Strawberries are also good. Sometimes, I add a squirt of honey. Adjust to your personal tolerances.

You can use soy yogurt instead of the soy milk (or whatever milk sub you like) if you like.

You might also check the recipe index for ideas.

#325048 - 02/19/08 10:17 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I make smoothies and protein shakes. I use soy milk, soy yogurt, ice, frozen fruit (mango, strawberries) and 100% egg whites only protein. I love them!

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

1c soy milk, 1 frozen fruit, 1 fresh fruit new
      #325097 - 02/20/08 03:35 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

that is it. Put some acacia in for SF. In fact I make smoothies to have something to take my acacia in. My fav is frozen banana and a little cup of strawberry banana flavored peaches (from Dole or Delmonte). If the fruit is sweet no sweetener is needed.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6617 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1136

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review