All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Butter
      #324908 - 02/18/08 04:35 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I was curious whether anyone knows if for dietary purposes butter counts as dairy (yes, I know it comes from cows ). In many articles about food allergies/intolerances and websites I have read that butter doesn't cause a reaction the way other dairy does because it is pure fat and doesn't contain sugars and proteins (which are the triggers). Hence, it is safe even for allergic/intolerant people. Anyone knows anything about this?

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Butter new
      #324915 - 02/18/08 06:30 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I don't know if it counts or not. However, I will admit I still bake with it and I've been known to put a bit on a roll or toast every now and then.

It doesn't act as a trigger for me anymore unless I'm already out of whack.

#324937 - 02/18/08 08:54 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Hmmm. Sure would be nice if that's true! I used to love using a little bit of real butter on my toast. And it sure would be nice to make my Christmas shortbread cookies with butter again next year – I used the Earth Balance Buttery Sticks this year (which, by the way, have the EXACT same amount of fat as real butter!), and they tasted really odd. The cookies come out to 4 grams of fat each, so I was limiting myself to one a day.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#324989 - 02/18/08 06:54 PM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

I have to say a light smear doesn't seem to do me any harm but it probably depends on the person.

Try eliminating it for a week or two then have a smear on a piece of toast or french bread and see what happens.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2580 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1677

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review