All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
all-natural and organic
      #324873 - 02/16/08 03:37 PM
Kat32

Reged: 11/09/05
Loc: Denver, Colorado

Just curious...has anyone out there tried an all-natural organic diet to see if that helps? I have been doing a ton of research on preservatives and additives because I am a dietitian for a children's home and am researching the link between that and children's behavior. Reading that stuff, it's really amazing what we put in our bodies and don't even know it. I am trying to eat all natural to see if it helps my IBS, and also all this reading has influenced me to, but I am curious if anyone else has tried it and noticed a difference.

~kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: all-natural and organic new
      #324881 - 02/16/08 08:06 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I ate all natural/organic before I came to America. I was in the best shape and got sick very seldom. I believe that I started getting sick right after I came to US. I started noticing early that I got sick from things like donuts or fried foods. I am positive that food chemicals make us sick. I think that combination of stress and chemicals give us dygestive problems. I am just like you obsessed with studying about nutrision even though I haven't gone to school for it. I hope I answered your question.
By the way, I eat basically natural and lots of organic foods right now and my IBS is better than ever.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Re: all-natural and organic new
      #324973 - 02/18/08 04:01 PM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

I noticed a huge difference. I would say that I am much better without processed foods and junk. I like knowing that I'm not eating hormones, additives, preservaties.

I noticed that things taste better (that was a big surprise; I can taste the chemicals), I am less tired, I have more energy and it gives me a huge piece of mind knowing that I am doing ONE MORE thing to help myself and my family. I seem to have a little less D (not by alot but I noticed).

You know it couldn't hurt you any.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2174 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 595

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review