All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Please help!
      #324858 - 02/16/08 09:36 AM
SW10

Reged: 10/18/07

I was just wondering if anyone takes medications to help the amount of BM's they have a day? I am currently on Librax which helps with the D, but I still have 4 or so BM's a day. I only eat 2 small meals a day because if I eat more that number of BM's will increase. I am beside myself on what I have to do and or can take to help. I have tried the tummy tammers.. didn't work.. just gave me acid reflex. I tried the SF acacia(not sure how it's spelled).. it just made me go more. I have no idea on what to do. I want to eat more, but I can't.. I have lossed SOOOO much weight and have had every test done known to man kind. I want to get on a type of anti-anxiety pill, but am not sure what will help with someone who has ibs-d?? I get really worked up about a lot of things, even really small things, then it's find a bathroom fast for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please help! new
      #324866 - 02/16/08 12:19 PM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

What are you eating in your two small meals?? What are you drinking?? Are you getting enough rest?? Are you exercising moderately each day?? I am really sorry you are having a bad time but IBS can be controlled and I suspect that it is more than anxiety that is causing your continuing D. When I first got bad enough to go to the doctor and start the tests I was going 6 or 7 times a day and it was terrible because when I had to go I had to go. It caused me to be a nervous wreck if I was not at home. I too had every test known to man kind and the diagnosis was IBS or spastic colon (as my GI likes to call it). He told me not to think about it and it would go away with a little fiber and a probiotic and a few changes in my diet although all he told me was to stay off of caffeine and alcohol. While those suggestions helped I was still consuming lots of triggers and I still stayed in bathrooms an awful lot and I was a nervous wreck. I found this website, ordered Heather's books, acacia and fennel tea and I started my live again. It took time, but the diet and the supplements have now become a routine. I still have an occasional attack but I know what I am dealing with and I handle it better. Best thing is that my anxiety level has dropped. Don't give up. Keep trying. Acacia, the diet and probiotics takes several days or even weeks to get your system even partially sorted out.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#324870 - 02/16/08 01:13 PM
SW10

I eat toast and honey bunches of oats during the day then I eat chicken breast and rice for dinner. I get about 8 hours of sleep a night and I waitress so I am always moving. I don't have D because I take Librx, but I have formed BM's about 4 or more times a day. I have been in and out of the GI's office for over 2 years now and he said just take more fiber and quit smoking (which I have been trying, but it's been really hard). My body was perfectly fine, I mean I had IBS and all, but could eat like there was no tomorrow as long as I took my Librax, but then I became pregnant and now that I had my son it just feels like I can't eat ANYTHING I use to, or anything in that matter.

#324872 - 02/16/08 03:02 PM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

I have crohns and take medication to controll how many times I go a day. However for me it is still a hugely large number, 8 on a good day. It can be unbareable how many times I go on a bad day. Were you dx with IBS?

I take....
colestid- to bulk up stool and go less
generic- lomitil an anti-D drug
symax- to controll spasms

These are all prescription and I don't know it a doctor would prescribe them to someone without IBD.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

#324875 - 02/16/08 05:25 PM
SW10

Yes, I was diagnosed with ibs-d over 2years ago..

#324878 - 02/16/08 07:36 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

IBD which Melanie refers to is not the same as IBS-D. IBD stands for Inflammatory Bowel Disease - different than IBS.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#324892 - 02/17/08 06:56 PM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Are you drinking just water and herbal teas or do you get coffee, tea or milk products??? I can't eat many prepared cereals like honey bunches of oats because of all the high fructose corn syrup in them. When I had a number of BMs each day they were mostly formed--just frequent and I had little warning. It seemed like if I ate or drank I had to go and go now so I quit eating and drinking and got sicker!! When I started acacia I only used 1/2 tsp. twice a day. I gave up all coffee, tea etc. cold turkey. I don't smoke and never have so I don't know if that is a trigger or not and haven't seen anything about it on the boards. Sometimes a plain baked potato is better for me than rice (for some odd reason I don't understand). I eat hot cereal (cream of rice) for breakfast and when I am having a really bad time that is what I eat about every 3 or 4 hours. I make it in the microwave. I also know that hormones can effect IBS and the birth of your son probably resulted in hormonal changes that may effect the way your body responds to certain of the IBS triggers. I do know that if I let my tummy get empty it is not good. I have worked as a waitress and it is very tough and demanding work that doesn't give you much time to snack but if you could just get a few safe snacks in (baked lays potato chips, organic cookies or homemade goodies that are safe) every few hours I believe it would help you. Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#325785 - 02/29/08 05:48 AM
SW10

Thank you for the advice! I have been eating honey bunches of oats for breakfast and toast with peanut butter and jelly, but maybe I too have a problem with the Fructose.. I only drink water and I DO NOT drink caffiene because that would just send me over board.. I really don't eat during the day at all, especially the days I have to work.. I eat my meal at about 12:30 pm and then nothing usually until 9pm.. I am more or less afraid to eat.. I just don't have time to be sitting on the toilet all day and night.. I am not really sure what to do..

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3057 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2198

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review