All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Anyone grow their own veggies? new
      #324746 - 02/14/08 11:44 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Avjens, this is exactly what I want to do - start canning and freezing and enjoying all my own veggies year round!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#324752 - 02/14/08 01:03 PM
avjens

Reged: 09/13/05
Loc: Iowa

Canning/Freezing is not all that hard either! Can be time consuming depeding on the veggie. Green beans are easy! Tomato juice a little messier but whole tomatoes are pretty quick too. It seems that it is a long last trade.

#324761 - 02/14/08 02:12 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

My husband and I have had vegetable gardens in the past. We didn't have one last year because we were out of town a lot. But the fresh, home grown produce always tastes so much better than store bought. It's a lot of hard work, but well worth it. My husband is a better veggie gardener than I. I prefer flower gardening. Plus, any garden or yard work helps take my mind off my stomach.

#324856 - 02/16/08 08:34 AM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

My mother did a veggie garden last summer. She was in a co-op. It was located at her work. A bunch of people took care of the ground and then split the ground up into sections and started thier garden. Everyone picked what they wanted and really enjoyed themselves. They also traded what they grew when the harvest was good. You could look into something like that, a community garden. I have heard of large cities doing that because nobody has any room to plant except the lucky few.

Or maybe your local botanical gardens. Ours has a fruit/veggie garden. I believe thay donate the harvest to a shelter and use some of it for the summer camp program. But you never know. They might let you have a plot in excange for some work.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1615 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2470

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review