All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
where is your pain?
      #324404 - 02/09/08 03:46 PM
chitchat1

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Michigan

I am just wondering if readers of this could post where about's on their body they get the main pain caused by IBS. I am currently going through tests at the moment and although I have IBS and Colitis, I am not sure the pain I am suffering is form either of these. Please if u have time describer wether your pain is in the back front and whereabouts and is it triggered just by wrong foods or does stress make it worse? Thanks in advance!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: where is your pain? new
      #324407 - 02/09/08 04:07 PM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

Hi there mate! Hang in there buddy!

I get pain above my belly button and also the lower left and lower right side.
It can also make me feel nauseous and I think lower back pain can become an issue too.

You can also get pain directly where the bowel motion comes out. Sorry to be gross, but I think we all know what I am talking about.

God Bless and good luck with your tests!

#324412 - 02/09/08 04:45 PM
chitchat1

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Michigan

Thank you so much. You reply helped alot. I get pain in all the places you described! Thanks!

#324416 - 02/09/08 09:13 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Oh man, it is difficult to describe all the pains we get. My first pain that I ever got was stabbing pain under my rib cage on the left side. Later I found out that I get that pain from dairy (plus constipation on top). Eating fatty food will give me shooting pain under the ribcage where the gallbladder is and soreness below my belly botton. So, areas that get sore feeling, sharp stabbing pains or poking pains are lower/upper back, lower upper tummy, even pains in chest. When I eat dairy or something spicy I can get shooting pains in my upper chest and even my ear. I think the nerves in my tummy will shoot pains all across my body. That is why it took so long to figure out that I had IBS because my pains were all over. Once I had colonoscopy, scans, x-rays, ultra-sounds, barium enema procedure, all the results were fine and one thing that was left was IBS. With extremely careful diet I am mostly pain free now. Good luck.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#324483 - 02/11/08 09:53 AM
tovabela

Reged: 11/07/07
Loc: NYC

I have had IBS for years, officially diagnosed in April 2006 but never really had "pain", just very uncomfortable feelings in my tummy, and urgency was (and is) my most pressing symptom. I am IBS-D so I would get the gurglings and all which accompany D. However I have had a handful of very bad attacks in the past two years which I am hoping will be stabalized with the help of this website, the wonderful posts by others who share our condition and Heather's books. The symptoms start with the gurgling and then I get a very sharp pain right under my breastbone, then it seems to travel down and around my intestines, almost like squeezing everything from a tube of toothpaste, it's intense. I can also feel the pain in my thighs and lower back. I've even read that some women have likened it to labor pains! It's then relieved after about an hour or so with several BM's. Fortunately I have not had one of these attacks since Sept.! Both food and stress contribute to my symptoms, now that I am more in tune with my body can figure out what is bothering me. I'd like to note that I was on medication for IBS before I started having the really bad pains. I have since stopped taking meds and take the acacia fiber, teas, altered my diet accordingly and see an acupuncurist. While I am still not entirely stable, these new methods have helped considerably.

#324492 - 02/11/08 11:32 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

When I get pain, it's usually sudden and severe. I get it in my lower abdomen, right across from left to right. It's a severe, intense cramping that often makes me double over. I literally can't take a breath when it is at its worst. I usually just have to grab hold of something and hold my breath until the spasm passes. It will continue like this until I have a BM.

Other times, I get a "hot" feeling in the centre of my lower abdomen. This is usually a sure sign that a D attack is coming on.

Finally, the other thing I get is a feeling of "butterflies" in my stomach. This could just be a general anxiety thing, though.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1895 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1774

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review