All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What's the verdict on Align?
      #324201 - 02/06/08 01:32 PM
chohman9

Reged: 01/09/08
Loc: Houston, Far from Home

I'm new to posting, so bare with me if I rant. Being one of the few dudes with IBS in the world can be kind of frustrating...

Has anyone taken Align long enough to give a judgement? I've been reading posts for a while now and trying to learn as much as possible, but I'm still unsure if I should start. Right now I'm taking Udo's Choice adult blend and it's giving me an enormous amount of bloating & gas. The Fennel Tea helps, but wow this is ridiculous. I'm just looking for other options out there. If anyone has a perspective, please let me know.

Thanks!

--------------------
Chris IBS-D, stable for roughly 2 years

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's the verdict on Align? new
      #324250 - 02/07/08 04:58 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

When I was first diagnosed last year I took Align at my GI's suggestion but not one a day--I took one every other day along with strictly following Heather's diet (absolutely no cheating) and Acacia twice a day in hot tea. It took about 3 months (during which time I also found out I really had to limit the intake of fructose which means a lot of label reading and very little eating out) but I finally got stable. Now I have an occasion bout of gas and bloating but I can live my life again and be around polite company without fear. It is very liberating. Good luck to you. Oh--I don't take Align now that I am stable. My GI said I could experiment with it and continue to take it if I needed it but after I got my bacteria "aligned" then I really didn't need it unless I had the stomach flu or a bad IBS attack and that was to readjust the bacteria. I understand that some of the folks on this board take a probiotic all the time. I don't think it would hurt, but Align is expensive and I don't want to take it all the time unless I have to.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#324254 - 02/07/08 05:22 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

IBS hard and more dudes suffer than you realise.

Major bummer dudes!

#324257 - 02/07/08 07:25 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I take it everyday. I'm IBS-A. The first few weeks on it were pretty miserable. I posted my full experience with Align on here already, so go to the top of the page and find search...type in align with no time limits and you'll see my info. I really believe align certainly helped me!

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 543 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 910

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review