All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS and Gerd
      #323990 - 02/04/08 05:43 PM
Laurastr1

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Chicago

I have GERD that is generally under excellent control with meds. However, when my IBS flares up, the GERD flares up with it, despite the GERD meds. Does anyone else have this happen if you also have GERD?

--------------------
Laura
DX IBS 12/07
Following IBS Diet with Weight Watchers
Also GERD
Former cast iron stomach

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and Gerd new
      #323992 - 02/04/08 06:22 PM
tobigirl23

Reged: 01/26/08
Loc: Virginia

Well, I'll tell you... I used to take Tums like they were going out of style and never thought I had a serious problem, but a few years ago I began vomiting sometimes when I had an ibs episode - something that had never happened before. A year ago, I had a bowel movement while riding in the car because I had an ibs attack and couldn't make it to the bathroom in time. Recently, I threw up in the car (and just barely made it to the bathroom in time for the other end). I saw my dr. today and he says he thinks two different things are going on - that I'm having heartburn and acid reflux *and* ibs. However, I've seen other reports of vomiting with the ibs on another site where people tell of their most embarassing moments with ibs, so...I'm just not sure. Anyway, if I have GERD (which I think is this hearburn and acid reflux), then - yes - I have it when my ibs flares up - sometimes.

Re: IBS and Gerd new
      #324230 - 02/06/08 05:24 PM
crazylizardlady

Reged: 07/11/07
Loc: NJ

yes, mine both get bad at the same time. i'm on protonix for the reflux. last few days it's been bad because ibs has been bad for no apparent reason. well, this is not entirely true. saturday night i cheated with a sliver of chocolate cheescake after dinner. i think since then i had bad ibs symptoms, big bloated gut for days now, and lots of heartburn. i've been taking it easy today. i just had oatmeal and bananas and baked potatoes today. (well, and a couple twizzlers) . anyway, yes to your question.

katharine

--------------------
IBS/GERD/Lactose Intolerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1095 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1215

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review