--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I so get it! new
      #324150 - 02/06/08 09:18 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

I'm with you both too! Sometimes i think it's too many carbs that makes me worse, sometimes i think it's too much sugar and the list goes on and on and on! It's crazy isn't it.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: Zara and Sarah new
      #324151 - 02/06/08 09:20 AM
welshsarah

I'm doing gluten free but not worrying about things like barley malt extract in products so really i'm just not eating wheat, rye bread and barley in their pure form. So tempted to ditch this though and just stick with Heather's diet! I'm so unstable at the mo tho that i don't have the courage to try it out.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: first day celebration new
      #324152 - 02/06/08 09:29 AM
welshsarah

Thanks Jordy, i missed you too! My hubbie blocked the site for a while because he thought it was making me worry too much but in fact the opposite is true. You guys provide me with so much support and encouragement and are the only people who understand where i'm coming from.

I went gluten free to begin with because my dietitian suggested i did it. This helped with my bloating but everything else was the same - constipation, nausea etc. So she suggested i give up dairy in addition and this seemed to work to a degree. However, i'm thinking that maybe wheat isn't a problem because i'm still bloated a lot of the time and the BMs aren't great (but nowhere near as bad as before i cut out the dairy). So, in light of this i'm thinking Heather's diet maybe the one for me. Just need to muster up the courage to eat wheat now!

Unfortunately, after my first day celebration i back-slided and had a cup of coffee in the morning two days in a row. Hasn't caused any pain or bloating (no more than usual at least) but not sure yet if it's effected the BMs. I'm so weak when it comes to coffee!!! Seriously, how do you follow the diet to the book??? This i am in awe of! Have your symptoms not cleared up at all on the diet?

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#324153 - 02/06/08 09:30 AM
welshsarah

Chocolate and lots of sugar makes me SO bloated too. Hope the bloating calms down soon. Good luck with CAT scan tomorrow! What are they looking for?

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#324169 - 02/06/08 10:02 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Thanks! My doc wants to see if there is any obstruction in my intestines that would cause my problems. But I feel like at this point he's looking for anything .

I felt exactly like you did. Wheat free, dairy free, felt great for a couple of days and then I was still bloated and BMs got worse. I tried eating dairy again and pain came back on top of everything. So now I'm back to eating wheat, no dairy and I don't really feel any worse then when I was wheat free. I try not to overdo it and eat a lot of other things, too (potatoes, rice, quinoa, buckwheat...).
I really hope we all get stable one day

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#324173 - 02/06/08 10:05 AM
welshsarah

Yeah me too

I've started yoga in the hope that it'll destress me so that it's easier to determine what's food and what's stress. But then i suppose it's not that straight forward... I think i may try wheat again tho. Would make eating a lot simpler!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1880 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4212

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review