All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
questions
      #323688 - 01/31/08 05:59 PM
tobigirl23

Reged: 01/26/08
Loc: Virginia

1. I've been trying activia. Couldn't see a big difference until I began taking the benefiber, too. Finally had a decent bowel movement today. What are your experiences with activia and benefiber - separate and taken together...

2. Shouldn't the Nilla Wafers, Cinnamon Graham Crackers, multi-grain bread, and (Campbells) homestyle chicken noodle soup be good for me because of the increased fiber?

My stomach is still achey *and* I'm having a little acidic reflux now and then. I only began taking the benefiber last night...could it be from that?
-Jean

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: questions new
      #323689 - 01/31/08 06:01 PM
tobigirl23

forgot to mention the blue chips again. I've been eating those...*and* I allowed myself Eggo buttermilk waffles w/low-fat syrup the other morning...

#323693 - 01/31/08 06:39 PM
tiredofpain

Reged: 11/25/06

You need to drop the Activia and the buttermilk waffles as these both have dairy in them. You will probably start to feel a lot better once you lose the dairy. If you are a C, you will need to slowly increase your IF which will help with the BM. The Nilla Wafers and graham crackers are SF which are the base you need to eat before you eat the IF.

Good luck! Hang with it and you will feel better.

#323695 - 01/31/08 07:15 PM
tobigirl23

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I'll do the things you suggested - drop the Activia (I'd read that results on it are mixed anyway and it can cause nausea in some people) and the Eggo waffles. By the way, I can totally identify with your moniker - tiredofpain.

#323710 - 02/01/08 10:33 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Tiredofpain is absolutely right - drop the dairy altogether and you may start to feel better. Activia has not been proven to help with digestion at all, and some lady in California is even trying to sue them right now.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 798 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1099

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review