All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
question about soy
      #323464 - 01/28/08 10:31 PM
NicoleS

Reged: 01/28/08

Sorry but I couldn't find anything on this topic when I looked on the archive. You can point me to threads if I missed them. Due to other health issues, I have to severely limit soy in my diet, meaning almost non-existent or allergy level. I was just wondering if there are any IBS friendly alernatives. Since my IBS did trigger some lactose intolerance I have been replacing regular (skim) milk with rice milk. Seems about the only thing that doesn't trigger problems is yogurt with active cultures.

If anyone has any suggestions for soy and dairy alternatives let me know. I hear some people really like goat milk and cheese, but are they to be avoided?

Thanks for helping a newbie. Since about November 2007 is when this really started grabbing hold so I'm still learning about my triggers and what helps.
--Nicole

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: question about soy new
      #323472 - 01/29/08 04:23 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Almond milk, almond cheese, oat milk, rice cheese and rice "ice cream" all exist.

I've never tried the goat milk. It's still dairy and it's really expensive where I live.

Re: question about soy new
      #323486 - 01/29/08 10:49 AM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

About a year ago I could eat soy either but all of a sudden I can now. It's strange. I know I had the hardest time finding dairy free foods because lots of dairy free foods are being substituted by soy. Try trader joes. You can find cookies (ginger snaps, lady fingers) that are dairy/soy free and other products. They sell almond and rice products. I drank goat milk as a child and hated it, so I never tried it after getting IBS. But just so you know that goat milk is still dairy so it has lactose in it.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7901 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 629

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review